Price Check Used TC21DA -fair price and what to look for?

/ Used TC21DA -fair price and what to look for? #1  

Davestator

Tractor
Kubota BX24 TLB- JD L120 mower
Been lurcking around for a year and it is time to buy my first "real" tractor within the next month. I have considered BX-24 and TZ22/25DA w/ Woods BH. Would love something bigger as I will use the backhoe and loader on my 3 acres over the next few years a great deal. Don't need anything too big so my wife and I will both feel okay with using it. I have a JD L120 for mowing.

There is a 2000 TC21DA Hydro with loader, Woods BH6500 with 330 hours for $12,000 available near me.

Assuming it checks out okay, what do I look for on a machine like this? Any notorious gotchas to consider?

Will it be that much better or worse in my digging than a new Sub-compact?

$12K seems reasonable.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

/ Used TC21DA -fair price and what to look for? #2  
For the most part there are no major issues. One area of problem is the seat mount, several here have had problems with it breaking loose, most have repaired and built it up so it won't happen again. I really enjoy mine. It is a pretty strong little machine. Take a look at the maintenance records just to make sure all the routine maintenance has been kept up. Another thing is pull the dipstick on the front axle to check the oil, as it tends to get dirty and sometimes be overlooked in maintenance.

/ Used TC21DA -fair price and what to look for? #3  
It will be that much better than the subcompact

position control on the three point
more hydraulic flow
twice the lift capacity on the three point
Better ground clearance

Sounds like a good price - a comparable new setup would hover around $20K +/- but you'd get a few more HP (23 or 26) and improved loader lift - ~800# on the 12LA vs 600 on the 7106.

/ Used TC21DA -fair price and what to look for?
Thanks, all.

It was a good price. The first caller boght it before I could get there.

Still looking...

/ Used TC21DA -fair price and what to look for? #5  
Where are you located? My TC18 may be up for sale soon (assuming I can get the right deal on the Kubota B3030 I have my eye on...)

/ Used TC21DA -fair price and what to look for?
Washington State

Thanks, though