Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    New Holland TC35DA

Default Re: New to the Forums ...........Saying HI

Yes it has Super Steer. What a great option.
    Although One of the Steering cylinders has a slight bend in it. Can that be rebuilt. If so At what cost?

As far as the Turf Tires go. I have only used the machine one day but can tell you that the tires are easy on the lawn. I have very soft ground this time of year to boot. (some standing water) The rear tires must be 14-16 inches wide and seem to "float' pretty well. Meaning it only leaves minor impressions on the turf. In contrast I tried to drive my F150 4x4 on the lawn a couple of weeks ago and almost got stuck! The truck went right into the soil.
    6K lb truck vs 4K lb tractor.
    Thanks for the lesson on Hydraulics BTW. I will be more cautious now for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jinman
    Congratulations on your tractor purchase Bajapointe. I noticed that you have a 17LA loader, but you didn't mention having SuperSteer. Your tractor does have SS, doesn't it? You'll also have to tell us how you like the turf tires. Most of us have R4s because that just seems to be the type most often ordered with the NH CUTs.

One more thing...
    Your hydraulics has a pressure relief valve in the circuit only when your joystick is not centered (as when lifting a load). When the joystick is centered and the bucket position is held constant, there is no relief valve in the circuit because the joystick valve isolates the system. If you hit something immovable in this case, something will blow or you'll come to a very sudden stop. Of course, if you are backdragging, what normally happens is the front of the tractor lifts and you just get a little bounce. Knowing how your hydraulics work can help you determine what is safe and good practice.

Tractor
    NH TC40DA

Quote Originally Posted by jinman
    I'm not sure where MadDogDriver's loader manual mentions not lifting the tractor with the bucket curl, but I could not find that in my manual.
    Thanks Jim for being more specific. I reread my post and I didn't intend on implying that you couldn't lift your tractor when it's not moving. As I stated later in the post I was talking about the bucket being in the full dump position, full weight on bucket, and moving. I wasn't thinking about being static.

The 16LA/17LA manual does mention that "When bulldozing, do not use the bucket in the dumped position. This method forces severe shock loadings on the dump linkage, the bucket cylinder, and the tractor." (pg 2-9). That page also gives the recommended technique for backgrading with a full bucket and full downward force on the heel of the bucket.

Some TBN members have posted their experiences of bending their cylinders, and wanted to caution about that potential damage. Maybe darkviper could give us details about how he bent his.

As you pointed out, it's all a matter of angles and amount of force on the bucket.
    Last edited by MadDogDriver; 05-06-2007 at 03:28 PM.
    NH TC40DA, 16LA w/Bull Grapple, Woods BH90-X & hyd Thumb Lovin It!!

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

MadDogDriver, you and I are in complete agreement.
    Jim

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

If you have a bent piston on a steering cyl.. get it checked out before it eats the seals and wipe...

Most usualy method or repair for a bent piston is replaceent.. though i guess it may be able to be 'pressed' with the correct tools and care not to mar the chrome... ( once it has been removed that is.. )

soundguy

Quote Originally Posted by bajapointe
    Yes it has Super Steer. What a great option.
    Although One of the Steering cylinders has a slight bend in it. Can that be rebuilt. If so At what cost?

As far as the Turf Tires go. I have only used the machine one day but can tell you that the tires are easy on the lawn. I have very soft ground this time of year to boot. (some standing water) The rear tires must be 14-16 inches wide and seem to "float' pretty well. Meaning it only leaves minor impressions on the turf. In contrast I tried to drive my F150 4x4 on the lawn a couple of weeks ago and almost got stuck! The truck went right into the soil.
    6K lb truck vs 4K lb tractor.
    Thanks for the lesson on Hydraulics BTW. I will be more cautious now for sure.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    NH TC29D

Hola.... Nice tractor. Have fun.
    2003 NH TC29D Hydro 4x4, 914A 60" Belly Mower, 7308 FEL, 5' King Kutter Rotory Cutter, 60" Midwest Box Blade, Woods 7500 Backhoe. www.4x4TractorWork.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12