My new TN75DA is now in America

/ My new TN75DA is now in America #1  

LoneCowboy

Veteran Member
The dealer called to say it's in Baltimore today, waiting for customs
then a truck to the dealer, then a truck to here.
it's getting closer

Too bad, I really could have used it the past 2 weeks.
soon, soon.

/ My new TN75DA is now in America #2  
sorry for the stupid question.....

but i thought CNH tractors were built/assembled in the USA

/ My new TN75DA is now in America #3  
Just out of curiosity, where are those TN's built (or assembled) anyways?

you must be getting pretty darn excited! :)

~paul

/ My new TN75DA is now in America #4  
Baltimore water front is a rough area... hope it arrives with tires and wheels!

mark

/ My new TN75DA is now in America
They (the TN's) are built in Italy. (No, i had no idea til i started this process back in February)

most smaller tractors (of any make) are made in Japan, Korea, somewhere else)
usually, only the really big ($100,000+ are built in america)

/ My new TN75DA is now in America #6  
LoneCowboy said:
They (the TN's) are built in Italy. (No, i had no idea til i started this process back in February)

most smaller tractors (of any make) are made in Japan, Korea, somewhere else)
usually, only the really big ($100,000+ are built in america)

Interesting. I imagine your new TN is built by the CNH parent company,
Fiat, then?

The red Case branded CUTs and the Blue NH branded CUTs are still
made by Shibaura in Japan. I wonder, does CNH do any final assembly
of either of these sub-brands of CUTs in the US?

I have never owned a CNH, but I would like to, to see how well it is
built compared to Kubota, JD, and Kioti.

/ My new TN75DA is now in America #7  
dfkrug said:
Interesting. I imagine your new TN is built by the CNH parent company,
Fiat, then?
I am pretty sure they are built in a NH plant in Italy. Fiat is the primary owner of CNH, but its auto division is separate from the tractor and contruction divisions (they also own Kobelco). NH has plants around the globe. Also Fiat tractor was a completely separate brand apart from Fiat cars, but owned by Fiat, I'd guess it is merged into CNH but I'm not sure?

dfkrug said:
The red Case branded CUTs and the Blue NH branded CUTs are still
made by Shibaura in Japan. I wonder, does CNH do any final assembly
of either of these sub-brands of CUTs in the US?
Yes, they do final assembly in the US. Just like Deere and Kubota.

dfkrug said:
I have never owned a CNH, but I would like to, to see how well it is built compared to Kubota, JD, and Kioti.
In MY OPINION, the NH tractors have the best ergonomic designs of any brand, followed very closely by the newest generation Deere machines. Kubota and the Deere designs that are more than 2 or 3 years old have more traditional ergonomics compared to the CNH tractors. The fit and finish of all three brands is top notch. I would put the Kioti a few years behind in design, but catching up fast. The newest generation Kioti cab tractors pale in comparision to the newest generation Deere cab tractors, go sit in a mid-sized Deere cab and you will be very impressed. NH lags in cab tractors, not offering cabs for anything but their largest Boomers (but rumor has it that will change). As for engines, I beleive that Kubota has the best engines, followed closely by Yanmars (which are still in SOME of the Deere tractors). In terms of reliability (based on Warrenty Claims), Kubota is the best, Deere is second, NH is third (as per 3 multi-brand dealers who I know, but that could be different according to other dealers) Kioti pales compared to Kubota based on the local Cub/Kubota/Case dealer who stopped selling the larger Cub tractors a few years ago because of warrenty claims, those tractors were made by Kioti (Cub 8000 series used to be Kioti DK35, DK40 and DK45 tractors painted in Cub white & yellow, Cub also used Mitsubishi for their 7000 series tractors, but as of this year Cub & Yanmar have entered into a joint agreement to co-brand CUTs as Cub/Yanmars and distributed through Cub dealers).

EDIT: The above comment about the NH cabs was as they relate to the NH Boomer series cab offerings and how those compare to the other CUT size tractors from the other brands mentioned, however as Robert_in_NY writes below, NH does offer cabs in their larger tractors.

Last edited:
   / My new TN75DA is now in America #8  
I was killing time at my NH dealer today and decided to check out the different cab tractors on the lot. If you get a chance, hop in a TS-A cab. That is one of the best cabs I have seen NH put together yet. Getting in and out is real easy as both sides of the cab are just a big window/door. Comfortable floor material and plenty of room.

The TM cab is an older design and is lightyears behind the TS-A. The TDD cab next to it is simple but nice. The TC-A cab is like a mini TS-A cab minus a bunch of the bells and whistles that have more use on a TS-A then the TC line. The TN-A cab is comfy also and laid out nicely. The TL-A cab is very roomy for a tractor just slightly bigger then the TN. I just don't like how short the cab feels. It isn't short but the front control panel drops down enough that it makes you feel like it is short.

/ My new TN75DA is now in America #9  
LoneCowboy - you've been waiting for months, I'm surprised you weren’t at the dock :)

Kubota is the best, Deere is second, NH is third

I owned two Kubota's, and the one I just sold was on the cheap side. I think Kubota has the art of shaving off metal to an art. The step to climb up into the tractor would flex and bend with my weight on entry ( no fat jokes) it eventually was completely distorted. I do admit the 80's version is built like a tank and just stated up after sitting idle for 10 years.
No comparison with the cab on New Holland and Deere - New Holland wins hands down. The best way to experience cab designs is to sit in each one as I did at a tractor show. All the memories and thoughts are fresh in your mind. I spent 15 min. in the NH, and was in awe, then went to Kubota and was in and out in a few seconds, felt cheap. Then I sat in the Deere, way too cramped for me. The way the cab is designed in the NH is amazing, One example is the skylight above the cab so you can see your bucket when it is at height - brilliant. With the others you lose the bucket at height. The hood design on the NH is designed so you can see things closer to your bucket without having to sit up as in the Kubota and Deere. And finally can you say super steer.

I would rate NH as number one, and the other two as tied.

/ My new TN75DA is now in America #10  
Kendall69 said:
I would rate NH as number one, and the other two as tied.
I'm going to nit-pick just a little bit, but you took a partial quote I wrote, I believe out of context. I rate NH design as #1. But when I said that Kubota was 1, Deere 2 and NH was #3, it was a qualified statement about reliability, not about build quality, features, ergonomics, etc. and as I wrote, I stated it was based on my conversations with 3 multi-brand dealers I know.

As far as tractors go, I use NH and Kubota on my property and prefer the NH for about a dozen reasons.