Grading sizing a back blade, help

/ sizing a back blade, help #1  

woodlot

Gold Member
Tractor
NH 1920 w/7308 Loader
I have a ford NH 1920. I need a back blade for diveway maintanace and lite landscaping in sandy soil. Is a 7ft blade to much for my tractor? Thanks.:confused:

/ sizing a back blade, help #2  
You should be fine with a 7 ft blade if your tractor is a 4x4 . Loaded rear tires and a front loader would be a plus if doing heavy grading chores .

/ sizing a back blade, help #3  
woodlot:

With 32/29PTO HP I would think that if you have a 4X4 tractor you could handle a 84" rear blade for your stated uses (especially if you consider the 1'/5HP "rule" and your stated use requirements). I will admit that my opinions are based on my own attachment research for rear blades for my own 29/23+PTO HP 4X4 tractor. I do not have a rear blade so I may be talking out of my **** pore, but that is the size blade I would be leaning towards if/when I do buy a rear blade for my tractor for light grading and snow removal. Jay

/ sizing a back blade, help
Thanks. I do have 4x4 and a FEL.

/ sizing a back blade, help #5  
FWIW, I used to pull a 6 footer with a 16 hp B7100 with FEL. No problems except when the snow was so deep and heavy the angled blade caused the tractor to move sideways instead of the snow.

/ sizing a back blade, help #6  
ive got a 6' behind mine.... i have more issues with it moving my rear (no loaded tires) than i do pulling it. 4wd makes a huge diffrance keeping me headed in the direction i want to go....

/ sizing a back blade, help #7  
I used to have a 1710 and now have a 2120. I pull a 8' blade behind both with no problems. I think for a 1920 you could easily use either a 7 or 8 foot. I just prefer all 8 foot implements so that they can be angled and still cover my tracks plus some.

Andy

/ sizing a back blade, help #8  
I have used a 84" with a 33 engine hp and it worked fine. It was FWA with loader.