2 new problems on a tc45da

/ 2 new problems on a tc45da #1  

h10doc

Bronze Member
Tractor
Tc45D
1. The temp guage is inop I t/s it down to a bad guage does anyone know the cost are part number?
2. Me my dummy #&& took all the light bulbs out of the back of the inst. panel not knowing there are two diff. bulbs. DO'es anyone know what bulbs goes were?

/ 2 new problems on a tc45da #2  
I would check the thermostat first . There might be a layout on the NH website under parts then type in your model for the bulbs.

/ 2 new problems on a tc45da #3  
The parts books on the New Holland web site are the same ones your local parts store uses. So you should be able to find whatever you are looking for there. The only thing they do not have is notes and service bulletins along with pricing.

/ 2 new problems on a tc45da #4  
The temperature gage testing and replacement is in this thread:

Temp gage replace

Be sure you read the thread all the way through and look at the pictures. The gage is about $50 and just unplugs from the instrument panel once the panel is disassembled. Also the thread will tell you how to do a complete test of the gage and how the electrical test does not show bad when the gage is just partially failing. The test by grounding your lead going to the temperature probe is the best and most reliable.

I could tell you the bulbs in my panel, but the DA panel is slightly different and you should rely on the parts list as others have mentioned. I think there are three different kinds of bulbs in the DA panel. #658, #161, #194 if I remember correctly and there is only one #194 on the lower left, looking at the rear of the panel.

/ 2 new problems on a tc45da #5  
I have a TC 40A with an idiot light. Can I buy a gauge and plug it into the spot in my cluster? I don't trust those idiot lights at all. Thank in advance

/ 2 new problems on a tc45da #7  
ustobefarmer said:
I have a TC 40A with an idiot light. Can I buy a gauge and plug it into the spot in my cluster? I don't trust those idiot lights at all. Thank in advance

The TC40A has a different instrument cluster that is missing most of the electrics/electronics of the deluxe version. Even if you bought a deluxe cluster at around $300, I doubt it would work...not sure. I think you would be better off to try and install an after-market gage if you can find a convenient place to mount it. You could remove the current probe and install the one that comes with the new gage. Worth a try...