Air filter and coolant change interval

/ Air filter and coolant change interval #1  

Mosey

Veteran Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TC29D with 7308 FEL, and top & tilt. 1950 John Deere B. 1940 Farmall A.
The book on my TC29D says the air filter and coolant change interval is "seasonal". I assume they mean the primary (outer) air filter element. I checked it and it's not dirty at all. Do you folks change yours every year? What about the coolant, do you change that every year? I only put about 100 hours on my each year, so it seems a waste to change it every year. It certainly doesn't look dirty.

/ Air filter and coolant change interval #2  
Depends on use - you should change the air filter (along with the others oil, fuel etc) at least once a year. I do a lot of tilling with mine, weed control in an orchard, so I change th air filter twice a year and clean it after every tilling. If I till all day in the mid summer the air box will be about one quarter full of dirt.

carl

/ Air filter and coolant change interval #3  
I clean out my air filters every 20 hours, more often if I've been doing a lot of dirt work or brush hogging.

My coolant gets changed every other year. It shouldn't be dirty, but it does lose it's anti corrosion abilities, (wears out).

/ Air filter and coolant change interval #4  
Mosey, I do the air whenever it looks dirty. No need to touch that inner filter for years and years unless use is in extremely dusty areas. On the outer filter I'm going a couple of years of normal use. Mostly work in my woods, plowing the garder and mowing many fields.

I change my fluid ever other year other than the first which I did the first year.

/ Air filter and coolant change interval
Duane, I looked at your bio and I see you live in the area where I grew up, which is in Fitchburg just north of Jackson (halfway between Leslie and Stockbridge). My brother, who still lives there (also named Duane) has a Satoh. I bought an air filter this weekend and was surprised at the price. At $34 I certainly won't change it unless it looks dirty!

/ Air filter and coolant change interval #6  
Man, small world eh?? I too used to have a Satoh, something like xx - 650G. Bought it used from a guy in the Stockbridge - Waterloo area along with a Woods 6' mower and International rear blade, all in really good condition. In fact, years later I was able to sell the tractor for what I'd paid for the whole set. Other than being only a 2wd, that was probably one of the best buys of my life. My neighbor just sold his old Satoh and it was still going strong with something like over 3,000 hours on that little gas engine. Anyway, I bought that back in 1984 and I think the tractor must have been made sometime in the 70's. I wonder if there was a dealer for Satoh in that area back then? Ask your brother some time would you. Kind of would like to know the history. ...Duane