Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Holland TC 30

Has anyone had engine block/transmission cracking problems with the New Holland TC30. Someone on this board or another one was going on about design flaws with the TC30 cracking the engine block, or bell housing. Has anyone else heard about this problem. I am seriously considering a TC30, so I am very interested in this issue.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Re: New Holland TC 30

I've read a few reviews where the engine block cracks on the right side by the mounting bolts. I was considering the TC30 until reading about the problem. I liked the value for the size. It is a recent problem, 2007.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC 30 HST

Hi Dennis,
    Iam a TC-30 owner and have been following the threads here since 04 and have never heard of that problem so far.. Do you have a cracked block? I would be intrested to hear about it.

Chris

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Quote Originally Posted by dennis5150
    Has anyone had engine block/transmission cracking problems with the New Holland TC30. Someone on this board or another one was going on about design flaws with the TC30 cracking the engine block, or bell housing. Has anyone else heard about this problem. I am seriously considering a TC30, so I am very interested in this issue.
    As long as I've been on this board, no one has mentioned a cracked block on any TC model tractor, including the TC30.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland 1720

I guess there is always a first time for anything. The TC 30 is as bulletproof as any tractor on the market.

Tractor
    New Holland TC29DA, John Deere 455D

MikePA certainly provides a historical perspective .
    TC30's are solid utilitarian CUTS. A lot of the competition compares their tractors to the "30" which is somewhat unfair as the "30" is an older design, no frills basic tractor. It was a "toss up" between a "30" and the "29" for me. Jay
    NH TC29DA with 14LA and HD QA 60" bucket, weighted R-1's, FOPS, CCM M-160 (58") Tiller, Tebben MD 60" Rotary Cutter, Woods LR 108 (96") Landscape Rake, FEL cutting edge and tooth bar, Woods GB60 (60") Box Blade, Wallenstein BXM32

1995 John Deere 455 Diesel with 48" mower, MC 519 Cart with PowerVac

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

I can't say I've heard of this being a real chronic problem either.

Remeber, it only really takes 1-2 vocal people online to make somthing look like a serious issue.

Tractor
    NH TC 30 9x3 with Rhino FEL

Over four hundred hours on mine, and my neighbor has over 250 hours on his -- and neither of us has had any problems with our TC 30s. A solid machine with a solid reputation.
    Steve
    Equus Keepus Brokus
    NH TC 30 (9x3) w/Rhino 2408 FEL

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    NH TC45D

asylum575,

Could you point me to some of those reviews? I would like to peruse them.

Thanks
    Chris

Here is the link to another site, where I first heard about the problem.
    New Holland TC30 Review, Price, Information (see the second and third reviews)
    The crack is on the right side where the engine connects to the clutch housing. There are 2 of these reports of cracking. I hope NH can address this problem, I was very close to buying a TC30. now I am turning my attention to an orange B7800 or L2800.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast