Backhoe Backhoe for TC24DA

/ Backhoe for TC24DA #1  

flumpydog

Tractor
New Holland TC24DA
Hi Everyone,

I am looking into purchasing a backhoe for my TC24DA and just have a couple questions :) My wife said to go for it, so I better do it while the chance is available!!!!

With a sub-frame installed for say the 756C, do you leave the sub-frame on all the time?

What is the clearance like with the sub-frame installed?

Do you leave the lower arms on the 3pth installed or do you remove them?

Anyone have any good pics I could see?

Right now, I am looking at a Tifermec Green Series B15 as our local New Holland Dealer has on on the lot. It comes with a pump and built-in hydraulic reservoir, sub-frame and the price is great as well. Looks like a really good unit and our dealer is impressed by them. It is imported from Italy and they are trying to get into the market in our area, so they are really motivated which is great for me.

Problem I am running into and I am not sure if there is a misunderstanding here as the dealer is talking to his supplier and something might be getting lost in the translation of things here ;-) . From what I can tell at the moment and hoping to clarify this tomorrow is that it sounds like I need to remove the lower arms on the 3pth, install the sub-frame and then attach the backhoe. Then need to reverse this process when I want to use my rfm. Sounds like a lot of work and hoping this is not the case.

Yeah yeah, I know some would say rent a mini-excavator, but I priced them out and with the jobs my wife would like to get done around here, it would not take that many rentals before I could have bought one of these, so it just makes more sense to buy it and have it handy :)

Best Wishes,
Chuck
p.s. I know I have not posted much since I bought this tractor a year ago, shame on me :( . I have put on 181 hours in the last year, blew tons of snow (that was a lot of fun but I need a soft cab this winter), moved lots of dirt, dug out huge rocks, put a hole in the ground for a kids playground (wife said I did it because I could lol lol ) and just had a lot of fun with this unit. I promise to get the pics up soon to share. Right now I am just trying to figure out how to get this darn 70 tree dismantled and pulled up the riverbank ;-)

/ Backhoe for TC24DA #2  
Personally I'd go with the 757 if you're at all worried about warranty coverage for damage to tractor caused by hoe. It's my understanding that NH will not cover any damage caused by other than it's own hoes. I ran a 758 for years and the subframe came off with the hoe. I think the 757 is the same.

Andy

/ Backhoe for TC24DA #3  
I have a TC24D with a 756bh. The subframe on this bh comes off. The front part actually hangs on the horizontal bars that the loader connects to the tractor. The rear part of the subframe hangs on the rear axle. The subframe comes off with the BH. Clearance is reduced by 6" or so were the subframe is at the rear axle but the rear departure angle is greatly reduced. The 3pth arms stay in place. I don't believe you can have a MMM and the BH setup, (that's what I have read on TBN, but I don't know it for a fact). It uses the tractor hydraulics.

I think Woods has a very interesting subframe that stays attached permantly on the Kubota's. It might be worthwhile to check them out.

/ Backhoe for TC24DA #4  
flumpydog,

Here's the install manual for a Woods BH subframe kit that will take the BH6500 and BH70/80-X and will give you some ideas, http://www.woodsequipment.com/Manuals/manuals/SubFrames/MAN0377.pdf.

Looking at this Woods website, it appears there are several BH's that should fit your tractor, Backhoe Sub-Frame Mounting Kits Operator's Manuals.

The BH70-X (& BH80-X) have a mechnical thumb option available that the other models don't include.

I'd call Woods directly for correct and complete model compatability, and check with your NH dealer as well.

Good luck with your decision.

/ Backhoe for TC24DA
Thanks for the quick replies! :)

I checked out the Woods site, thanks for the link MadDogDriver! The mounting kit manuals was very informative. Good to see with them that the sub-frame remains on the tractor, looks like that would make things a lot easier. The Tifermec people over here have said they will make a custom sub-frame for my tractor, still not sure what the end result will be.

Dave, so you are saying you do not leave the sub-frame on? how long does it take to mount/unmount the backhoe and is it a pain?

Hey Andy, I hear you on the warranty part, New Holland made it very clear to the dealer here that they would void the warranty right away if a backhoe was mounted without a sub-frame. They were using the Tifermec backhoes in some shows up here with the TZ series, stating they had a backhoe now available with them, so they are good with the warranty, I just need to sort out the sub-frame and see if it is worth all the hassle.

Best Wishes,
Chuck

/ Backhoe for TC24DA #6  
It only takes about 5 minutes. Drive straight back, hook up lines, Raise backhoe, back up a few more inches, put pins in and go. The subframe stays with the backhoe. I'd take a picture but I don't have the tractor here right now. It's nice that it doesn't stay on. The Woods system seems slick though.

/ Backhoe for TC24DA
I have been without my tractor for the last 3 days, suffering a bit of withdrawal ;-) . My local NH dealer (McGavin Farm Supply) took it over to the Tifermec people so they could measure it up for a sub-frame and give me an idea what I am up against.

Well I heard from them today and it sounds great thus far. It will be a two piece sub-frame, the front half remains on the tractor and will only reduce my clearance by 2 inches at the most. It will not interfere with the mid pto or if I were to ever decide to mount a mmm . The back half remains attached to the backhoe and they said I should be able to raise the 3pth all the way, just back into it, hook-up a couple of pins and away I go. :)

I am attaching some pics of the backhoe itself that I am hoping to get. These units are very strong, with a digging force of 4,450 lbs, so it should have no problems with the jobs I have planned for it.

Best Wishes,
Chuck

Attachments

• Photo_062807_001.jpg
    Photo_062807_001.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 906
  • Photo_062807_002.jpg
    Photo_062807_002.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 542
  • Photo_062807_003.jpg
    Photo_062807_003.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 2,210
  • Photo_062807_004.jpg
    Photo_062807_004.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 498
  • Photo_062807_005.jpg
    Photo_062807_005.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 512
   / Backhoe for TC24DA #8  
Congratulations Chuck and thanks for the update and photos,

Hope the whole setup works to your satisfaction and enjoyment. You'll soon forget what a shovel looks like let alone feels like. :D

As always, pics installed and more pics in action. :cool:

/ Backhoe for TC24DA
OK, I am still a newbie here but am really confused why this post was moved and perhaps some of the longtime pros :) here could advise. I put it originally in attachments because it is an attachment and not a NH one and lots of people say I have this model tractor and want to use this sort of attachment in the attachments forum, so I am just not sure why this was moved :(

/ Backhoe for TC24DA #10  
They probably moved it because TC24DA is in the title.

Randy