Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

Default ford 1700 PHD question

What is the largest auger I can use on this tractor.What brand do you recomend? Thanks

Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

Default Re: ford 1700 PHD question

Quote Originally Posted by tulenutn2o
    What is the largest auger I can use on this tractor.What brand do you recomend? Thanks
    I have used 6" Auger with no problem at all. Although I have not used 8" dia yet but do not see any problems using it at all. I have to qualify my statement that it all depends to the depth your going in and types of obstacles you'll encounter. I don't thing the auger can chew up any good size rock and will bind. As long as you go slow and keep puling the auger up to remove the dirt you should not have any problems. The one that I used was TSC brand (Leinbach sp??) and seems to be okay. I did not have the down force option on that so needed a bit of help by a friend to keep it plumb and on target.

Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Tractor
    Kubota B3030 loaded!

I'm running a 9" on my TC18 (just off idle) right now from agri-supply. Drilling isn't all that HP intensive. I'd think you could run up to a 24" auger depending on your tasks.

The agri-supply was priced right, but it definitely isn't the best tool. Do a search on PHD or post hole digger - lots of better stuff out there depending on how deep your pockets are. Hydraulic units can run both ways - downforce is a big bonus. There are even rock cutting augers.
    Hazmat

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

My soil here in Iowa is not rocky.It is good deep black dirt.I would need to go 36"-42".Just curious what the largest auger I could use with this tractor.I have a skid loader with aux hyd.,but am thinking for me the PHD for tractor is a better fit.Projects coming due are:2 decks,1/2 mile of fence,tree planting,etc.Thanks for the input.

Tractor
    Kubota B3030 loaded!

The skid steer mounted one will work worlds better than the "standard" three point hitch. Unfortunately costs 3X as much.
    Hazmat

You could easily swing a 12", I find it ideal for just about everything. Planting trees, post what ever.
    Happy Digging!
    Bill

Tractor
    NH TC40DA

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat
    The skid steer mounted one will work worlds better than the "standard" three point hitch. Unfortunately costs 3X as much.
    hazmat,

Have you seen any skid steer mounted augers that will operate with a 9gpm tractor, like my TC40DA? All of the hyd type phd's I've seen so far need at least 12gpm and several need much more flow than that.

Just curious.
    NH TC40DA, 16LA w/Bull Grapple, Woods BH90-X & hyd Thumb Lovin It!!

Tractor
    Kubota B3030 loaded!

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogDriver
    hazmat,

Have you seen any skid steer mounted augers that will operate with a 9gpm tractor, like my TC40DA? All of the hyd type phd's I've seen so far need at least 12gpm and several need much more flow than that.

Just curious.
    LandPride HD25 5-12 GPM. You'd have to adapt it to a skid steer plate or bolt it to your bucket.

I've seen others as well (here on tbn) - try the search -

I'm about to head out for a clambake (though with the weather right now, I'll feel like I'm the one on the grill) so no time to give you a point in the right directions
    Hazmat

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1700 4WD, Iseki TS1700

Wow! I know I've said it before but what a nice looking tractor. Have you had it a long time.

Any idea where I can find a tach to replace mine? I don't think it's rebuilable.

Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

who are you asking question?

Quote Originally Posted by Allee View Post
    Wow! I know I've said it before but what a nice looking tractor. Have you had it a long time.

Any idea where I can find a tach to replace mine? I don't think it's rebuilable.
    Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast