Anyone have the front mounted snow-blower?

/ Anyone have the front mounted snow-blower? #1  

nhtzer

Tractor
NH TZ25DA
Looking for some feedback on whether to get the front mounted snow-blower? Live in New Hampshire; so I definetly get snow; average 120" per year. Have (3) driveways I need to take care of; 1 is about 6% grade the other two are mostly flat. All have areas to "blow" or "plow" the snow. Have used FEL before and works fine but can't quickly move 20+ inches of snow; hoping the front blower will be quicker / more efficient.

Thanks!

/ Anyone have the front mounted snow-blower? #2  
hears what little i know about them

yes you can mount one to the front, require a mid PTO, and a remote hydrolics to control lift... (although more hydrolics allow you to do other fun stuff... rotate chute etc)

and last but certianly not least

wicked expensive!

/ Anyone have the front mounted snow-blower? #3  
I looked at them but wicked expensive does not begin to explain it. I put a plow with hyd power angle on a QA on the front and a 64" Pronvost blower on the back , both for less $$ than the front mount. But what I really wanted was the flexibility of the QA on the front. I move firewood in the winter as well with less tan 60 seconds between plow and forks. Granted I have to look backwards for the blower, I just put a hyd cylinder on the chute this year. I posted the whole thing someplace. I snow blow one cut and then plow. I think if I used the snow blower all the time I would want a cab.

/ Anyone have the front mounted snow-blower? #4  
Hi Chad, We picked up a NH 72CSH front mounted snowblower for our Cabbed TC45DA this Spring. Luck would have it that we had our last 20"+ snowfall a week before it was delivered. All I could do was give it a dry run in the driveway to check everything out and then deinstall the blower and NH Quick-Attach subframe for summer projects. I hope that I'm not disappointed, but it looks like it should be a snow blowing beast and I'm anxiously awaiting it's first use. You need to remove the loader to install the quick-attach assembly, but it's not a very difficult process. If you have any specific questions...fire away.

Thx, Matt.

/ Anyone have the front mounted snow-blower? #5  
Yes indeed some pictures from 2/14/07 more than 4-ft in 8 hrs. in upstate NY. Thank GOD I had my 40DA "worth every penny". The county road had one lane open,the top of my driveway 7-ft drifts. Now this was truly the biggest storm in 35 years. Trying to keep my 1000 ft driveway open and back yard cleared out was pretty easy the tractor had no problems at all with the deep snow or traction on hills, the one pic shows my car in the back yard a little close but it beats digging by hand :). I have to get my heater installed in my soft cab this year no fun with snow in your face i had to take the one door off to keep from fogging up ;).

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 992
   / Anyone have the front mounted snow-blower? #6  
Once lived in NH but had a rear mount b/c the cost of a front mount seemed unwarranted. IIRC my blower was about 56" or so. I had about 200' of gently sloping gravel drive + another 200-300 ft of trails around in the back of the house and down the back hill. I didnt find a rear mount to be any inconvenience b/c I was done w/ it all in about an hour. The only uncomfortable part was when the wind caught the stream of snow exiting the blower turning it back on me. Ouch!!!

/ Anyone have the front mounted snow-blower? #7  
I realize this is an old thread, but I found a like new 74cshb (2014')and trying to find correct mounting brackets for a 2010 , boomer 3040 cab with cvt, trans. Haven't had much luck with local dealers. Anyone have any pictures or info that might help?

/ Anyone have the front mounted snow-blower? #8  
TCheaney,

Check Ebay I seem to have seen the owners manual there with the part number for both the RadTec hitch Assy and PTO drive Assy for the Boomer 3040. Call Pat at Shaver Brothers salvage in New York he is the one that has those for sale for the smaller TC's like the 24/26DA on Ebay and I bet he has one up there to fit yours which is where I got mine. At the very least part numbers for New Holland Whole Goods. My PTO drive Assy kit came from NH last fall so there are still some left. A word of caution that some of the blowrers have a counter rotating gear in the gearbox unlike the older ones with the #50 chain and sprocket. Dealer ordered a CSH to fit a mangled one on a TC33DA and it goes the wrong way. They all look identical.

Brian