Bound to Happen...

/ Bound to Happen... #1  

Kubotasrking

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TC45D
I was finishing up the day today and lost a little focus...a stump twisted out of my grapple, landed on a root and fell right into my hood/headlight assembly.

I have about a 4" cut in the fiberglass, both screens are bent, and the headlight cover is shattered. I beat thing back into shape, and figure I'll fix it after I complete my clean-up/land clearing project.

Any ideas on how much a hood costs? For some reason, the pictures won't upload....

/ Bound to Happen... #2  
Kubotasrking:

There is a lot of traffic on TBN tonight! Jay

/ Bound to Happen...
close-up picture of the damage...

Attachments

• hood3.jpg
    hood3.jpg
    948.2 KB · Views: 505
   / Bound to Happen... #4  
I think you need a brush guard or something up on the front

/ Bound to Happen... #5  
Kubotasrking said:
close-up picture of the damage...

Ouch! I think that hood assembly will set you back $600 or more. For that kind of money, I think I'd just take the hood by a body shop and see if they might be able to repair it for less. Good luck...stuff happens.

/ Bound to Happen... #6  
The FG is deffinately repairable.. I'd try to form the screens back out.. trim up the damaged FG.. and then re glass it.. sand it.. contour glaze / putty if needed.. then prime/paint. If you take a bit of time you can get the hood looking OEm again... at least from the outside. Just add a new lamp lense and formt he screens as best you can.. and go... She is a tractor after all.

I got some mashed up screens, crumpled fenders and canopy lip on my 7610s... just adds character!

Soundguy

/ Bound to Happen...
jinman said:
Ouch! I think that hood assembly will set you back $600 or more. For that kind of money, I think I'd just take the hood by a body shop and see if they might be able to repair it for less. Good luck...stuff happens.

I didn't have a chance to call the dealer today, but will tomorrow afternoon. I know a couple folks in the body repair industry...I'll give them a holler too...didn't think of it!

Thanks

/ Bound to Happen... #8  
Kubotasrking:

Nasty hood hit :(! The hood and the headlight lensecover will definately set you back some $ :eek: :( :(. I do not remember your model except that it is bigger than mine- there was a NH grill cover option for the "29" that I installed and so far it has saved my grill once :). After pulling some dying mini-dwarf fruit trees this weekend I am going to modify my grill with some kind of mesh in order to minimize branch "kickback". Sorry about your damage. Good luck on the repair. Jay

/ Bound to Happen...
DieselMonk said:
I think you need a brush guard or something up on the front

The factory guard wouldn't have helped much as this came from "above"...

I'm going to build something when bad weather comes that protects the front/top area. I'll send pictures when I complete the project.

/ Bound to Happen...
Soundguy said:
The FG is deffinately repairable.. I'd try to form the screens back out.. trim up the damaged FG.. and then re glass it.. sand it.. contour glaze / putty if needed.. then prime/paint. If you take a bit of time you can get the hood looking OEm again... at least from the outside. Just add a new lamp lense and formt he screens as best you can.. and go... She is a tractor after all.

I got some mashed up screens, crumpled fenders and canopy lip on my 7610s... just adds character!

Soundguy

I've reformed the screens...pretty well for not removing....I think that I'll get them pretty darn close w/ a little time. The hood is different than anything I've attempted, but may give it a shot..it'll depend on the body shop estimate.