cab or snowblower for TZ25DA???

/ cab or snowblower for TZ25DA??? #1  

wny770

Gold Member
Tractor
Lots of old iron
Does anyone have a cab or snowblower for the TZ25DA??? I have a 300ft drive and was curious if it would handle the snow... Western NY snow belt....Thanks for all replies...

/ cab or snowblower for TZ25DA??? #2  
I have a 64 inch snowblower on a 1320 HST 17hp on the PTO. Works but a little light. 8 inches of dry snow it is at it's best. wet snow or more and I have to go really slow. So A TZ25 with a little smaller blower would probably be ok If it's not paved you have to hold it up somehow. They don't like sticks and stones. But I just got a bigger tractor Tc34DA and one of the reasons was the blower. The other reasons is everything else that is powered by the PTO. 17HP just not enough.

/ cab or snowblower for TZ25DA??? #3  
wny770:

I do not know of any "hard sided" cabs for a TZ series tractor. I believe that there are "soft sided" cabs out there that can be modified for a TZ. NH sells a front mounted snowblower for TZ's and there are a few rear mounted snowblowers available as well. Most TBN'ers recommend that you move snow after every 8" of snowfall. I am too lazy to do that :rolleyes:. Sometimes I am sorry about my procrastination :(. It is the "could have, should have, would have" phenomena. Jay

/ cab or snowblower for TZ25DA??? #4  
wny770 said:
Does anyone have a cab or snowblower for the TZ25DA??? I have a 300ft drive and was curious if it would handle the snow... Western NY snow belt....Thanks for all replies...

I have the TC-24D with a 52" blower on the back, last winter was the first time I had more than 10" to handle. Remember the Valentines Day storm we had? We had 32" when we were done, and it handled it with ease. I do a 700' road, plus did all the neighbor's driveways and my own, plus some puppy trails (my lab was about 12 weeks old). The beauty of HST and lots of HP at the PTO is you just adjust your speed accordingly.

Now be a man and skip the cab ;) Its only blowing snow and maybe a little freezing rain.

Where in WNY are you located?

Attachments

• puppy trails.jpg
    puppy trails.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,335
   / cab or snowblower for TZ25DA???
Awsome pic! :cool: I live in Western NY about 25 miles south of Buffalo. 10" here is a "light snow"......Snow belt, ya know....I love my tractor, I have 2 bigger ones, but I like the small TZ for its ability to get into tight spots. It also cuts grass really well. I had a cub cadet 5254 before this, and believe me, comparing the two, you can't. Cub's aren't what they used to be.....What kind of blower do you have???

/ cab or snowblower for TZ25DA??? #6  
The blower is a Woods SS-52 with hydraulic chute. If its available for the TZ, get the remotes for the hydraulic chute especially if you go with a rear mount.

I know WNY very well. I used to cover sites out there for 15 years in the area from Niagara Falls to Olean, and everywhere in between inlcuding the Tonawandas, East Aurora, Gowanda, etc. I really like that part of the State.

Definitely get the snow out there!

Brad

Was the woods pricy??? Did you ever hear of meteor??? Thanks...

/ cab or snowblower for TZ25DA??? #9  
wny770 said:
Was the woods pricy??? Did you ever hear of meteor??? Thanks...

The dealer handles Woods, so I bought everything as a package deal. But I did price Meteor, Woods, etc. at other dealers and they were all in the ballpark. The thing I like about the Woods hydraulic chute is that it is a hydraulic motor that turns a sproket, most of the others I looked at had a hydraulic ram that pushed/pulled a cable system. I think the motor/sproket system is less prone to problems with ice build up. That being said, I have never used the other systems, its just a gut feeling looking at the designs. Maybe someone else will chime in with their experience.

Brad

One last question, will your ss52 work with a speeco quick hitch...and thanks for all the info.