Tires Dish out only for R4 rear tires?

/ Dish out only for R4 rear tires? #1  

Compact1

Silver Member
Tractor
2006 New Holland TC33DA with SS, R4 loaded tires, 2 rear remotes, arms rests, & rear light
I have a TC33DA with Industrial tires and I want to change my rear tires to gain inside clearance. Currently, I could gain nearly 1 1/4" of clearance if I switched the tires. According to my Owner's Manual the rear wheels aren't adjustable and can only be mounted dish out.

Maybe my tires are mounted backward on the rims because the inside of my wheels have a deeper dish than the outside. I put a straight edge across the outside of my rims and measured 6 1/16". I measured 7 1/4" on the inside.

If I switch the tires from one side to the other I will gain the width I'm trying to achieve. The only downside would be the valve stem on the inside. I don't see any reason not to switch...is there something else I need to consider?

I attached (2) pics to show what I'm talking about. I'm almost sure the tires are mounted backward on the rims.

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• Outside measurement.jpg
    Outside measurement.jpg
    507 KB · Views: 281
  • Inside measurement.jpg
    Inside measurement.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 219
   / Dish out only for R4 rear tires? #2  
On my Case/IH DX 29, the rims can be swapped to either side. Same with my current JD 3720 and prior Kubota 3710. All had the R4, industrial tires. The only downside to the valve stem on the inside, is greater difficultly in adding air but that is rather minor. I don't forsee any problems.

/ Dish out only for R4 rear tires? #3  
Compact1, I can not see your pix (too large for dialup users), but
your tires are not mounted backwards as long as one tire is on
one rim one way and the other the opposite way. It IS possible to
mount ONE of them wrong if both are mounted the SAME way.

That said, my Kioti owner's manual also says R4 rims on front and rear
go on only one way. I do not know why as the mounting surface looks
the same from either side. It also says rear R1s can be reversed and
front r1s can not. Maybe due to front axle load?

Anyway, if I needed the clearance and both rim mounting surfaces look
the same, I would reverse the rims.

/ Dish out only for R4 rear tires?
Thanks for the input.

I moved each tire to the other side and had no problems. The difference in space doesn't sound like much but it made a world of difference - especially since I plan to add chains this winter.

Thanks again

/ Dish out only for R4 rear tires? #5  
My TC35DA has a different set of wheels I believe, acording to your pics. Mine are a two piece design, and as the manual states "dish out" only on my model I think i'll just keep em that way. 1-1/4" dosen't sound like much of a big deal but i'd personally hate to snap off an axle to find out it was just a little too much.

Not saying that you shouldn't run your tires that way, its your perogative. I just don't see the tradeoff as a worthwhile benefit if the "worst case scenario" were to happen. Just wanted to mention this in case you weren't aware that this has a chance of happening when you dish the rear R4 wheels/tires inward.