Oil & Fuel tc33d hydraulic filter change spews oil big time

/ tc33d hydraulic filter change spews oil big time #1  

Roto

Gold Member
Tractor
TC55DA and TC33D
I changed hydraulic oil in the tc33d the other day i think 670 hours and this was second time but anyway, i changed the oil out and then added oil and forgot the darn filters so i said oh well and i took the filters off and one of them was no problme it lost a little oil no biggy but the other had a steady flow of oil coming out and it was hard to get a new one on with it spewing all over your slippery hands trying to get that started. It made me thing of when i just changed filters after 50 hours i dont remember that happening and they say after 50 to change filters only. Does anyone know if that suppose to do that? Ths was the filter under seat and not the one side of engine.

Mike

/ tc33d hydraulic filter change spews oil big time #2  
Roto said:
It made me thing of when i just changed filters after 50 hours i dont remember that happening and they say after 50 to change filters only. Does anyone know if that suppose to do that? Ths was the filter under seat and not the one side of engine.

Mike

I can think of two possibilities:

1. The fluid didn't have any air pockets and so it became a syphon out the filter opening.

2. The tractor warmed up or sat in the sun causing a positive pressure inside the reservoir.

/ tc33d hydraulic filter change spews oil big time #3  
Roto said:
I changed hydraulic oil in the tc33d the other day i think 670 hours and this was second time but anyway, i changed the oil out and then added oil and forgot the darn filters so i said oh well and i took the filters off and one of them was no problme it lost a little oil no biggy but the other had a steady flow of oil coming out and it was hard to get a new one on with it spewing all over your slippery hands trying to get that started. It made me thing of when i just changed filters after 50 hours i dont remember that happening and they say after 50 to change filters only. Does anyone know if that suppose to do that? Ths was the filter under seat and not the one side of engine.

Mike
I have a case IH DX33 and it will also lose quite a bit of fluid when you change that filter. I assume it is supose to. I just change quickly. If anybody knows of a better way please post.

/ tc33d hydraulic filter change spews oil big time #4  
You ought to see the oil that drops out of the hyd filter on my 7610s.. it's the size of a gallon paint can, and sets on its side under the right running board...// now that alotta oil!!

Soundguy

/ tc33d hydraulic filter change spews oil big time
well did 50 hour service today on my TC55d actually 62 hours but anyway, sure enough the hydraulic filter keeps on pooring when you take it off so you have to be quick. at least its sideways which makes less of a mess my tc 33d screws up so you really have a mess. It must be normal but you only have to do it once since usually your changing oil with it too.

now get this, the filter i had was the wrong one even though the part number checked out with NH as the right one. So i had to quickly grab the old one which was in the drain pan of oil and put it back on as quick as i could. what a mess. they are looking into what suppose to be the filter. something is screwed up.

mike

/ tc33d hydraulic filter change spews oil big time #6  
Roto said:
now get this, the filter i had was the wrong one even though the part number checked out with NH as the right one. So i had to quickly grab the old one which was in the drain pan of oil and put it back on as quick as i could. what a mess. they are looking into what suppose to be the filter. something is screwed up.

mike

Mike, were the filter numbers different? I think I'd ask for a filter with the same number as the one on the tractor. I hate having to put a filter back on once I've taken it off, but I always try to keep the old one as clean as possible in case the new one springs a leak when I start the tractor.

/ tc33d hydraulic filter change spews oil big time #7  
Roto,
What was your build date on your TC55? They changed some things on the Case DX55 in 2/2007, including the hydraulic pump I believe, so the filters might have changed too. I would assume the TC55 would have the same changes. Messicks lists different parts diagram for DX55, depending on the build date and serial numbers. Maybe your dealer can enter your serial number to verify the hyd filter.

/ tc33d hydraulic filter change spews oil big time #8  
Messick's site shows SBA340500951 as the hyd filter for the TC55, D and DA. No mention of build date.

Click Here

/ tc33d hydraulic filter change spews oil big time #9  
MikePA said:
Messick's site shows SBA340500951 as the hyd filter for the TC55, D and DA. No mention of build date.

Click Here
That's my point. The same site lists 2 parts diagrams for the DX55 (4 actually, 2 for sss and 2 for ehss), but only one for the TC55. If it does indeed take newer (different) parts, they might not stock them yet. Just my guess.

Of course if Roto's TC55 was built prior to 2/2007, my reasoning is worthless. :)

Last edited:
   / tc33d hydraulic filter change spews oil big time
my was built in february but they gave me the filter for the tc48 and not the tc55 so bad for them. the 951 is probabbly it and i will pick it up tomorrow.

Mike