Seat Replacement

/ Seat Replacement #1  

johnnylight

Gold Member
Tractor
TC34DA
I had to replace my seat under warranty (lucky).

It look like a old seat with dry rott on both left and right sides of seat.
Is there something I can use to avoid this from happening again?
3/4 of the time she's park in the garage.

It looks like the sun gave it a good cooking.

sorry no pictures.

/ Seat Replacement #2  
Yea,that's a tough one. You can put Armor All or something like it on seat,but that makes it slick and you don't need that. Maybe saddle soap ? It works like a conditioner/softener.

/ Seat Replacement
Thanks LoopHole,

I have to ask --How's buying a tractor going to help me with tax problems?

/ Seat Replacement #4  
Use it mainly as a joke, BUT, if you own land that produces any income you may qualify to depreciate cost of tractor and expenses to maintain it........ hence: Tax LoopHole !

/ Seat Replacement
I wish my land would make me some money, it's actually the other way around with all the fill and top soil I buy.

Thanks I'll check into the saddle soap.

/ Seat Replacement #6  
I wish my land would make me some money, it's actually the other way around with all the fill and top soil I buy.
My parents used to have a poster on the wall showing an old farmer in front of his run-down barn with the quote "Yep.....If someone gave me a million dollars I reckon I'd just keep on farming until it was all gone."

/ Seat Replacement #7  
Back on topic, the only thing I can suggest is to change that "3/4 of the time she's parked in the garage" to "she's always parked in the garage".

I always flip my seat up when I get off the tractor. I think the sun is the worst enemy of the vinyl on the seat. I've been tempted to replace my vinyl foam-padded seat with one of the old metal "pan" seats. I don't think they're that uncomfortable if they're spring loaded, and they won't hold water if your tractor gets left out in the rain. And you won't be sitting on a block of ice if that rain water has turned to ice when you go out to plow snow.

/ Seat Replacement #8  
johnnylight said:
I had to replace my seat under warranty (lucky).

It look like a old seat with dry rott on both left and right sides of seat.
Is there something I can use to avoid this from happening again?
3/4 of the time she's park in the garage.

I think your tractor came with sub-standard vinyl in the seat. My tractor is over 6 years old and has never been indoors. I always put the seat up when I finish using it so the sun mainly hits the metal seatback. The seat is still soft and pliable. Perhaps NH's cost-cutting has gone to far and their vinyl just ain't what it use to be.

I'm glad your dealer warrantied that seat for you. Perhaps it was just a bad run of vinyl and the replacement will hold up for many years. Hope so...

/ Seat Replacement
Thanks,

I'll start keeping the seat up when outside.

I guess keeping the seat down is not the way to go when outside.
I'll have to tell my wife that one.

Jinman,
very happy with the warranty--that's one reason I went with NH great support.