Tractor
    NH TC33D

Default TC33D Brake Light Not Working

I just realized the brake light on the dash is not working. The parking brake works and holds the tractor but no brake light indicator. I have looked under the tractor and see a switch with a roller that makes contact with the parking brake ratchet arm and a micro switch that makes contact with the brake pedals. Does any one know what each switch controls? Both electrical conectors are pushed together. I did not check the bulb itself in the dash, so it may be something as simple as a new bulb. How do you get access to the bulb in the dash? Thanks in advance.
    NH 7308 FEL / NH 757C Backhoe / 5' KK Landscape Rake / 5' Inland Snowblower / 5' M-B Ind. Rotary Broom / 7.5 Western Snow Plow / Cub Cadet Spreader, BearCat 70554 Chipper/Shreader

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Default Re: TC33D Brake Light Not Working

I think I'd check the switches before I went to try to take the dash or cowling apart.. IMHO..

Soundguy

Tractor
    NH TC33D

Default Re: TC33D Brake Light Not Working

OK. I checked the bulb in the dash, its good. Next I took the switch that has the small roller that rides on the ratchet arm of the parking brake off. I hooked up a small test light to test the switch and it works fine. In the out position there's power. Push the roller in and it cuts the power. Then on to the micro switch on the brake pedals. Hooked up the test light and the switch works fine. No power until the switch is depressed. So, I hook everything back up making sure the switches are in the right position to activate as the brake is set and still no parking brake light in the dash. I also noticed that the tractor will start if the parking brake is off. Is there anyone with a TC33D out there that can let me know if there should be a parking brake light working in the dash and does your tractor start if the brake pedals are NOT depressed? Thanks
    NH 7308 FEL / NH 757C Backhoe / 5' KK Landscape Rake / 5' Inland Snowblower / 5' M-B Ind. Rotary Broom / 7.5 Western Snow Plow / Cub Cadet Spreader, BearCat 70554 Chipper/Shreader