3000 position or draft contro lever

/ 3000 position or draft contro lever #1  

cotemart

Hi there, we just bought a 1971 ford 3000. Everything is working well on the tractor exept the position control. After reading on the forums (What a great resource), I suspected the hydraulics to be stuck in draft control mode. The lift acts the same way even if we place the position control selector up or down. I mean the lift start raising only when the control lever is close to the top (which I understand to be a normal behavior in draft control). So I tried prying the draft control spring with the top-link and the control lever just under the point where the lift start raising. It makes the lift raise with no problem and smoothly. So I think the valve and cylinder are in good shape.

So is it a common problem to have the selector stucked in draft or position control. If so, is it hard to fixe?

Thanks, I just hope I made myself clear :eek:)

/ 3000 position or draft contro lever #2  
No.. it is not 'normal' to be stuck in draft mode.

get a master parts catalog, or other parts manual to show you the top cover and unloading valve. You may have stuck or bent linkages and / or bad springs. cam pin.. etc. Get a repair manual as well if you intend to do the work yourself. The I&T FO manual is ok.. and may work for this repair.. however the larger ford manual will be better.

Soundguy