3-Point Hitch TZ25 DA 3Pt Problem?

/ TZ25 DA 3Pt Problem? #1  

Redrum

I confess that I am not a veteran when it comes to 3pt usage, but I think that I have an issue with the 3pt hydraulics on my TZ.

Here is the issue, when I load the 3pt with an implement, say a ballast box with about 400lbs total, and operate the machine, the box will drift down after a few minutes, and I have to lift it back up. Note that this is while running as well as stationary (h-pump off). So, as I an using a load on the 3pt, I constantly have to keep lifting it up. Doesn't seem right.

My dealer took the tractor and said that the put a bush hog on the back and overnight, not running, the 3pt only drifted down slightly. This is in complete contrast to what I see, and since they are 60 miles away, I need to get an idea of who is seeing what, and why....

In a very brief statement in the manual, it mentions to fix the position, you have to shut down the flow control. I told this to the dealer and they said that this is only to work on it, and they did not shut down the flow.

I have a couple friends at work that have TC's (not TZ's) and they say that their tractors hold positon, but I don't know if their system is designed different.

Maybe you can see why I am baffled, any thoughts?

Thanks;

RR

/ TZ25 DA 3Pt Problem? #2  
Welcome to the board! Yeah, I think you have a problem. How many hours are on the tractor? Basically, every system I've seen is intended to hold the rear implement in the set position until you move the lever, especially with the engine running. Older ones with much use will tend to leak down after the tractor is shut down, but you sure shouldn't need to keep fiddling with the lift control while working. That would make something like plowing a field to a uniform depth just about impossible.

/ TZ25 DA 3Pt Problem? #3  
I got a question for ya... is the lever for the 3pt drifting down, or staying up, and you are having to lower the lever and re-raise it to get the lift up?

If it is merely the lever drifting down.. I'd guess it was just a tension adjustment that was needed.

Soundguy

/ TZ25 DA 3Pt Problem? #4  
The 3 point on my TZ will drift down when the tractor is off but when it is running, as far as I can tell it stays where I put it. 90 hours on mine and I love it.