Good Bye Blue!

/ Good Bye Blue! #1  

Dreamin_Tractors

Silver Member
Tractor
NH T2320 Hydro
Sold my TC30 today! Put is on Craig's list, someone called within 40 minutes of posting, looked at it the next morning and bought it. The tractor was in great condition, and had 550 hours on it. Sold it for what I paid for it, after owning it for 2.5 years, can't beat that. This was a great tractor, not one problem in the time I owned it, just performed normal maintenance. I would recommend this tractor to anyone wanting a 30 horse tractor. I only sold it because I need a bigger tractor, mainly more loader lift, and more weight. I want to buy a grapple and logging winch. to pull out lot's of Alder trees.

I wonder how long the money will sit in my bank account before I buy a replacement??? My top contender at this point is the Kioti DK40SE Hydro. I went and drove it a few weeks back, and was absolutely impressed with it. Great fit and finish, smooth, powerful, the KL401 loader beats the competition in this size. I am partial to Blue, and may have to see if New Holland wants to deal!

Attachments

• Tractor 2.jpg
    Tractor 2.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 511
  • Tractor 4.jpg
    Tractor 4.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 424
   / Good Bye Blue! #2  
Dreamin_Tractors said:
Sold my TC30 today! Put is on Craig's list, someone called within 40 minutes of posting, looked at it the next morning and bought it. The tractor was in great condition, and had 550 hours on it. Sold it for what I paid for it, after owning it for 2.5 years, can't beat that.

Wonderful! Congratulations! I did the same thing with my TC29, and got a TC35. I really miss that little tractor. I had the exact same loader as yours, and liked it a lot better than the loader on my TC35.

Does the Kioti loader have the skid steer style attachment interface? I've found that a grapple is very awkward with a bucket. I manage to grab mostly air with that combination. A grapple works wonderfully with forks, however. It's like daylight and dark. So if it fits the budget, maybe you should consider getting a bucket and a separate set of forks for use with the grapple.

/ Good Bye Blue!
Yes the Kioti loader has the Skid Steer attachment and quick dosconnect, which I believe is standard on the KL401. I want a seperate grapple from the bucket. If I go with a different tractor/loader, it will have to have the quick disconnect and adapter for skid steer attachements.

I am a Woods fan, they are expensive but built to last, that 1009 loader was solid, and had better lift capacity than the 7308 loader.

/ Good Bye Blue! #4  
Hey Dreamin,

I think you talked yourself right into buying blue again didn't you???? :) Try the TC55DA.......if you don't and ever use one i'd bet u'd be sorry...... :)

/ Good Bye Blue! #5  
Dreamin_Tractors said:
Sold my TC30 today! ... Sold it for what I paid for it, after owning it for 2.5 years, can't beat that.
What?!? One of you (buyer or seller) isn't doing it right. The tractor is supposed to lose some value after leaving the lot, no? Surely there is some wear and tear after 2.5 years.

Has the price of tractors gone up so much that yours, even at original cost, looks like a bargain? Or was it the buyer who hadn't done his homework and priced a new tractor?

/ Good Bye Blue! #6  
lopezian said:
Has the price of tractors gone up so much that yours, even at original cost, looks like a bargain? Or was it the buyer who hadn't done his homework and priced a new tractor?

My guess is that Dreaming got a phenomenal deal when he bought it AND found just the right person when he sold it. Cause you're right, that just ain't normal:D

/ Good Bye Blue!
I bought it used, and did get a great deal on it. Plus New Hollands in the great Northwest seem to have a premium, One dealer bought out everyone in the Northwest.

I really like the TC55DA, except I am going to stick with a hydro. When looking at all the features on the Kioti and the price, I am seeing Orange :)

I will keep the Blue option open though!

/ Good Bye Blue! #8  
I don't know. I just sold an 15 year old Ford 1320 for what I had in it. Actually I kept the LP 84" rake that came with it.
A guy I know sold a JD TLB on e bay for 5k more than he had in it.

/ Good Bye Blue! #9  
The euro has also gone up a lot in the last few years, along with a large increase in materials costs. I don't know how much of the CUTs from NH are made in Europe vs. somewhere else though. UTs are largely Italian [NH->CNH->Fiat] with Swedish/Danish loaders (if you get the newest NH branded units, actually from Alo of Sweden). I really like the Alo design compared to the previous design.

I looked at CUTs, but decided that I really did not want to have to trade up in a few years due to loader limitations for what I intended to eventually get to doing. HST would be really nice though, bigger resale market for something that easy to use too. Pretty much anyone that can drive a car can use the tractor (with only some safety training being a good idea).

But now I've got horse power envy:eek: . I can see outgrowing 70hp and have started to think about 85hp, or 95hp, or maybe 110...:D

/ Good Bye Blue! #10  
6sunset6 said:
I don't know. I just sold an 15 year old Ford 1320 for what I had in it. Actually I kept the LP 84" rake that came with it.
A guy I know sold a JD TLB on e bay for 5k more than he had in it.

Oooh. Maybe I can unload the frozen clutch Massey 1040 I have and not lose my shirt in the process! Soon's the bees die off I'll have to fire it up again (I didn't pay much for it, about a decent 8N w/o loader. Wish I got more out of it before the clutch headed south though).