Torn between a Kubota L4610 an a 45D NH

/ Torn between a Kubota L4610 an a 45D NH #1  

BeeBop

Silver Member
Tractor
02 Kubota L-4610 HST w/4in1 bucket & R-4s
I recently had the pleasure of driving both machines and WOW was I ever impressed. I can say that the New Holland 45D has the best steering and ergonomics of the two tractors but the Kubota has the best Hydro system, it is hands down better than the NH. I am in the position to buy one but have always loved my " Bota's" but the NH is impressive. I can't help but think that it's time for Kubota to get a face lift next yr as well. What's the pros and cons of these two machines people, what's a man to do other than buy the best feeling one? Help!!

/ Torn between a Kubota L4610 an a 45D NH #2  
what's a man to do other than buy the best feeling one? Help!!
That's it -- yer on yer own -- it's strictly a personal choice at this point - (since you've narrowed your search to 2 comparably similar machines)
mfk

/ Torn between a Kubota L4610 an a 45D NH #3  
You didn't give us much to go on BeeBop, but I would just say to walk around in front of the TC45D and reach down on the right-front side a pull the hood release and watch as it rotates up (with pneumatic actuators) and completely out of the way leaving your entire engine, radiator, breather, and battery easily accessible for service. Walk around back and look at the fuel cap and think about the fact that even if you spill diesel, it will not splash on a hot engine. Sit in the seat and look at those differential brake pedals on the left side with the hydro pedals on the right side. Look forward and realize your exhaust stack is not sticking up to be pounded by the tree limbs, but the entire muffler and exhaust is protected and vents downward. Next, look closely at your quotes, and if the Kubota is about equal and both dealers have a reputation for good service, look for equally compelling Kubota features as the NH ergonomics. If you can find them, flip a coin and be happy which which ever one turns up. Either way you will be happy and be the owner of a superior machine. Good luck!

/ Torn between a Kubota L4610 an a 45D NH #4  
I can understand your dilema. I had looked at the TC45D. I was a little unsure about it with the rather unusual loader especially since no one I knew had one (still don't know of anyone with one) but figured with a little time some of the users here would report any problems and I haven't read of any. You are correct, the NH is "modern" looking for a tractor. I never drove a TC45, have tried the Kubota 4610HST and found the hydrostatic transmission to be the best yet I have ever used. I won't comment on the NH HST since its been to long since I drove one. Most of what you will use a tractor for will be movement. Forwards, backwards, loader, mowing, digging, etc, all will involve moving, a great HST will be a huge bonus. I found the upgraded power steering on the L4610 to work great with larger pump, hydraulic cylinder and heavier axle then the next smaller L series mates. Perhaps another consideration will also have to do with engines. I still find that whether it be New Hollands Shibura diesel or John Deeres Yanmar diesel, that the Kubota diesels are still my favorite. So do I have the L4610, no, they came out with another size for a couple of dollars more with alot more loader, the L48. Either tractor, New Holland or Kubota or (John Deere for that matter) will work great for you. They are all pretty nice and I wouldn't kick any of them outta bed for eating crackers, Rat...

/ Torn between a Kubota L4610 an a 45D NH #5  
I can't help with comparisons to other tractors, but can tell you I am very happy with my L4610 HST 4x4 with cab, LA852 loader with quick attach. Yes, I would prefer a softer steering, but it is OK with a steering knob & it doesn't seem to be harder to turn when loader is filled. I have built many attachments to replace the bucket & changing to one of them (without any tools) in 1 minute is nice. The cab & air are great. I would not take for the HST transmission for loader work or mowing the lawn. I have already put 200 hours on it in the last nine months & am still amazed at what it can do for such a small tractor. The only other thing I wish for is a smoother ride (like a longer wheel base tractor) but am willing to put up with the short wheelbase ride for the manuvering it can do, & an automotive type cruise control would be better than the mechanical one it has.
I owned 3 other tractors ranging from 30 to 105 HP when I got this one. I have since sold one & the the other 2 have been cranked very few times since.
In short, I am an ultra happy Kubota owner.

/ Torn between a Kubota L4610 an a 45D NH
Well guys, I appreciate the posts to my delimma and I must admit that all make valid points. I am now leaning toward the NH45D. I can get it for $22,250.00 before farm tax of course. I have done enough leg work and pricing in 100 mi radius to know the prices are very close. I am leaning toward the quick attach bucket option and have hopes of it being able to handle a pallet of sod w/the forks. Anyone know how much extra the quick attachment and heavyduty bucket will be? Thanks Don

/ Torn between a Kubota L4610 an a 45D NH #7  
I believe the dealer told me my quick detach HD bucket setup was $300 more than the regular HD bucket. I don't know how much the HD bucket was over the standard. I remember the difference was posted a while back, I think by gmason.