3-Point Hitch 21D 3 point hookup

/ 21D 3 point hookup #1  

Blu21

Silver Member
Tractor
TC21D
21D 3 point hookup

I HAVE A N.H.21D WITH 60 INCH MIDMOUNT DECK.I RECENTLY PURCHASED A USED REAR BLADE 72INCH,PROBLEM IS THAT THE ARMS WON'T SPREAD FAR ENOUGH TO ATTACH THE BLADE,REASON IS THE BRACKETS THAT ARE USED TO LIFT THE DECK WHICH ARE ATTACHED TO THE 3POINT ARMS WON'T LET THE ARMS SPREAD FAR ENOUGH. MANUAL SHOWS THAT DECK CAN STAY MOUNTED(TRANSPORT PINS IN USE)WHILE USING 3POINT IMPLEMENTS.BLADE MFG.IS KING KUTTER. I HAD TO REMOVE 1 OF THE BRACKETS TO MAKE IT WORK,BUT TOO TIME CONSUMING!

/ 21D 3 point hookup #2  
Re: 21D 3 point hookup

Try reversing the pins on the blade, as in have them pointing in instead of out. I had to do this on a rearmounted bale spear.

/ 21D 3 point hookup

THANKS FOR THE THE THOUGHT BUT THE WAY ITS MADE MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE TO DO! MY ONLY OPTION WITH THE BLADE IS TO DO SOME FABRICATION.ALSO N.H.DEALER SEEM DUMBFOUNDED WHEN I QUESTIONED HIM. WITH THE BRACKETS ON IT LIMITS THE 3POINT ARM SPREAD AT LEAST 6 INCHES.

/ 21D 3 point hookup #4  

Blu21, can the brackets be switched right to left? I know on my tractor, the rear axle brackets for my backhoe looks like they are on the wrong side but, if they were switched the stay chains wouldn't work for the lower lift arms.
JerryG

/ 21D 3 point hookup

JERRY G,THE BRACKETS ARE IDENTICAL AND I DON'T SEE ANY DIFFERENCES ON ANYTHING ELSE RELATED. I THINK I'M STUCK DOING CHANGES EITHER TO THE LIFT BRACKETS OR THE BLADE THANKS!

/ 21D 3 point hookup #6  

I have a 21D w/60 mid-mount mower. I also use a 72" rear scraper blade without difficulty, though I don't know what brand it is. It's been repainted a number of times over the years.

In any event, you might try this: Lock the mower in the raised transport position with the supplied pins. On the rear lift arm, pull the bolt and lower the left lift arm from the highest hole setting to the lowest. You will also need to adust the right arm to ensure it's level with the now lowered left arm. Depending on how much more width required, this *might* buy you the room you need. Note, I haven't taken a good look at my tractor to determine if this will in fact work, but it might be worth looking into as it will only take a few minutes to do.

Also, if you do use this technique, be sure to put everything back to the original positions before using the mower again!

*** REAL horses weigh a ton ***

/ 21D 3 point hookup

kwright,I will give it a try sometime this week. Will let you know if it works. Thanks

/ 21D 3 point hookup #8  

I have a 21D with the mowing deck. I just looked at it and there is a different left and righ bracket on mine. They flare out to allow for full travel of the arms. The arms will almost touch the tires.

/ 21D 3 point hookup

Kgryder,are you talking about the lift arms or the brakets for the deck lift? Yours is a 914a? how old? I looked at the manual 11/96 edition,no p/n`s but does show l and r for the brackets.mine are identical! this could be my problem,being when i got my tractor in june the deck wasn`t assembled correctly,among other dealer problems! will be waiting for your response. thanks Blu21

/ 21D 3 point hookup

Well it turned out that I have older style brackets,talked to dealer who found a bulletin dated 98 of the spread problem with my style brackets,dealer ordered new style today n/c . thanks to all who replied,Blu21