Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC 30

Default New Holland TC30

Any TC30 owners forget and leave parking brake on or just me? Has any one came up with a warning light or some way to help one remember to disengage the brake before driving? I sure would appreciate any solutions you may have.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    tc- 29d

Default Re: New Holland TC30

My solution was to get a boomer. It has the light. You should be able to adapt the boomer series light system to your TC 30. Switch and a light will do it. ( wire too!)
    dqdave1; tc-29D; woods 7500 bh; 7308 fel, land pride tiller, land pride rake, gill pulverizer, 60"mmm. , bucket forks , MZ16H

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Yep.. I used to load test my parking brakes on my NH 1920 all the time... have done so on my 5000 as well...

Soundguy

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 2120 , New Holland TN75D, Hitachi UH083LC Excavator

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy
    Yep.. I used to load test my parking brakes on my NH 1920 all the time... have done so on my 5000 as well...

Soundguy
    Makes me laugh. Of course I find out that way on my 2120. What's the big deal. Just release it when you notice it and worry about something important.

Andy

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 2120 , New Holland TN75D, Hitachi UH083LC Excavator

My TN with cab has a lever that sticks up. A light on the dash and a beeper that squaks. sometimes I still try to go with it on. I always notice it and release it.

Andy

Tractor
    2001 NH TC29

I am a noob at this so I try to do the same routine every time I start up.
    It's something like this;
    Buckle in
    Engage brake and clutch <releases parking brake
    Check both shifters to ensure they are in neutral. ( I know not totally necessary but I do both anyway.)
    Turn key until glow plug light glows and count to 5
    Start tractor
    Fire up big grin and go play

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    NH TC 40 A, AC 5020

I have a light and it still gets ignored.
    Where Bob Wills is still the king.
    102 acres, and nothing but work! Wouldn't change it for anything.

Tractor
    Case 885, JD 730D, Ford 4000

The secret is to apply the brake firmly enough to actually hold the tractor stationary. Then when you drive off with the brake applied, the engine either stalls outright, or loads significantly enough that even a novice operator will figure out what is amiss right away.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

That may work on SCUT.. or small CUT's... I havn't found a good UT or AG tractor that brakes made any difference on if you didn't have the clutch pushed. The brakes on my 5000 and 7610 are plenty good enough to lock the axle and skid the tire with the clutch dumped.. but put it in gear at anything above idle and the tractor will walk off without much complaint at all.. ( my 1920 would walk off as well... but it complained enough to let you know that you were load testing the brakes and polishing the drum/disc.. etc.. )

Soundguy

Tractor
    New Holland TC33D, LT4000

I live on a hillside, quite literally. If I didn't set the parking brake *every* time I got off the tractor, I'd be running after my tractor a lot more than I do now. (Yeah, every once in a while I still forget. You oughta see me jump back into that seat!)

When I set the parking brake, I have to push very hard on the pedal to get it to lock and not move. We are talking putting all my weight on it and shoving against the seat. I *can* set the parking brake one notch lower, and the tractor will still move on me (refer to above and jumping back into seat).

When I have the parking brake properly set, the engine will not move the tractor. I have HST, and it just sits there...

There should be a brake adjustment *and* a parking brake adjustment linkage.
    New Holland TC33D w/7308 FEL, 6600 BH, 66" boxblade, and pallet forks.
    http://pens.bigelowsite.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast