Grading Attaching 702C Front Blade to my TC45D

/ Attaching 702C Front Blade to my TC45D #1  

rogerson

Tractor
NH TC45D
I recently bought a 2001 702C Case Blade and frame to mount on my 2002 TC45D New Holland. Seeing it came off a DX40 or DX45 I was pretty sure it would be compliant with my TC45D.

The TC45D is equipped with the 16LA front end loader.

I also have a 757C backhoe with the unit that I use rather infrequently.

I thought I would be able to just remove the front ears that the backhoe pins to and in install the two rear mounts for the blade sub-frame but quickly found the mounts for the sub frame could not get past the loader towers....

My hope was that I wouldn't have to remove the loader towers, but it appears that is the case. Can someone confirm that the entire loader including towers have to be removed to install the 702C mounts?

I plan was to have a nice and fast attach sub-frame and blade for pushing snow and then when I wanted to go out and stack the snow, simply pull two pins, drop the blade and sub-frame and then just re-quick attach the loader arms and away I would go.... sounds too good to be true...

Can anyone comment on the attaching of the 702C blade and sub-frame and confirm the entire loader and towers have to be removed. If you could email me directly at rogerson@vianet,ca as I do not log onto this forum too often.

Cheers!

Jeff Rogerson

/ Attaching 702C Front Blade to my TC45D
Okay, I think this is what I have found out....

If you look at the schematic for the loader mounting to the tractor, you will see the loader is attached to the tractor by a 6 bolt plate plus 2 bolts at the front of the frame.
Between the six bolt loader mount and the tractor is a spacer plate. It appears that when this spacer plate is removed, there is now room for undercarriage attachment mounts (such as the ears to connect to the frame for my 702C front plow).

NH16LAM.gif

I would presume these plates would be removed for attaching various undercarriage implements such as front mount snow blowers or belly-mowers etc. while allowing the loader sockets to remain attached to the tractor.

Could anyone confirm that I am right by removing these spacer plates to attach the mounting ears, thus allowing me to keep the loader sockets in place as well?

Thanks

Jeff

/ Attaching 702C Front Blade to my TC45D #3  
Hi Jeff,

We have a similar setup to yourself (TC45DA Cab, 758C Backhoe and the NH Quick-Attach sub-frame assembly for a 72 CSH Snowblower) I can confirm for you that you should not have to remove the FEL towers to mount the sub-frame assembly. We are able to switch between everything without having to remove any of the brackets that are bolted to the tractor. I was a little concerned at first that the 758C brackets would conflict with the quick-attach sub-frame brackets, but we have not had any issues. Let me know if you have further questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Matt.

Matt, did your tractor come with the brackets already attached for the snow-blower sub frame or did you install them?

When I got my tractor, the ears for the backhoe were installed, but now I just want to install the second set of brackets (someone called them ears) and I just want to confirm that I remove the existing spacers currently in place between the loader frame and the tractor frame and the brackets slip into place here.

I have measure the bracket and bolt patterns of the spacers against the sub-frame arms and they measure exactly the same, so I am pretty confident that is the case, but would hate to do all of the work and then find it is not the case.... so just looking for a confirmation from someone who has already installed a similar undercarriage front mount assembly.

I would consult my New Holland dealer, but I don't have one in my town. Closest is about 100 miles away and I am not real confident with them as when I inquired about finding a 702C blade for my tractor they said one was not made to fit my frame, when if you go to the Parts Look Up for a New Holland 702C, it specs to the TC45D....plus the dealer I bought my used blade from said it came off a Case DX40 which is the same frame configuration as my TC45D.

Do you use your back-hoe very often. I really don't use mine much. Had a guy want to buy it but I elected not to sell, just in case one day I want to dig that really big hole I am ready to go.

Cheers and thanks for the reply.

Jeff

/ Attaching 702C Front Blade to my TC45D #5  
Jeff,

The sub-frame brackets were installed by the dealer for our quick-attach subframe (QASF) that the snowblower uses, which should be the same as your front plow. I transferred over the brackets that the 758C backhoe uses from our 2001 TC40D onto the new tractor this Spring when we received our TC45DA Cab. I think you might be getting confused on where the QASF attaches to your tractor. As I look at mine, the front portion of the QASF is mounted in front of the front axle where the brush guard attaches. It sounds like you are trying to get yours to mount where the loader brackets attach? You might want to take a look at where the pins hook up for the rear of your QASF so that it gives you a better idea where it should hook up in the front. You should not have to mess with the loader supports to get your QASF brackets on. I did however have to pull some of the bolts for the loader towers to get my backoe brackets on. I would think that our setups would be very similar, but mine could be a bit different since it's a cabbed tractor and I'm using the mid-pto for the blower. It's very possible that I'm totally confused on what you are looking for, but hope this helps. Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Matt, you are right about an attachment at the front of the tractor, here there is a frame that bolts onto the three holes on the front frame of the tractor. And the front of the blade subframe sits inside this bracket.

But the rear of the sub-frame pins to two brackets that use four of the six rear loader mount bolts. When a New Holland loader is installed, between the loader mount and the tractor frame is a spacer (I believe it shows up as part 4 on the schematic shown in an earlier post).

I was able to get to a New Holland dealer today and verified my hunch with their service and yes, take out the four bolts, the plate slides out and it is replaced with the rear sub-frame brackets...

You have a new TC45DA with factory cab? How do you like it? My old TC45 has an after-market hard cab (Boxer by Jardine). The only problem is without air, it is hot as **** in the summer months and with a hydro transmission is a bit noisy with the pump howl.

Jeff

/ Attaching 702C Front Blade to my TC45D #7  
Hi Jeff,

Glad that you got it figured out with your dealers assitance. It sure is a nice feature to be able to switch between the loader, quick-attach sub-frame and the snowblower without having to use any tools, etc. It's a very robust and slick setup in my opinion. Little pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for!

We have about 60 hours on our TC45DA Cabbed tractor now and have had no issues. We thoroughly enjoyed mowing this summer in the air conditioned cab and I'll enjoy blowing snow this winter in a nice toasty warm cab! :) I would certainly recommend this tractor to anyone that is looking for a mid-40 HP hydro tractor with a cab. The environmentals are very slick as well...but I'll still need to test the heater and wipers out when it's below zero and blowing snow! :D

Matt, what transmission did you get on your TC tractor?

Jeff

Just got the rear mounts to pin to the 702C subrame installed on my tractor. Haven't had a chance to install the sub-frame yet, hopefully all lines up as it should and is a painless process from here.... time will tell.

Hopefully all goes well from here, I will tell you the mounts certainly fit well out of the way and do not obstruct ground clearance. So I am excited to find out if it all works now.....

Jeff

The sub-frame and blade is now installed and I am really impressed. I took some pictures, but they are on my shop computer and don't have them on this lap top at home, but if time allows I will post them here tomorrow.

It was a used blade so not gleaming new, but works like a new one to me...

We use this tractor to plow residential driveways and a couple of small commercial lots in our winter snow operation. We have been using the 16LA loader that came with the tractor for the past two years and found it slow. I think this blade will be a real improvement in ease and speed of clearing snow.

Jeff

PS pics to follow....