8N Headlights

/ 8N Headlights #11  
Master kill switch? ok... but put it inline with (+) on a 12v negative ground system. It's never a good idea to break the ground path except in full isolation switches and a few other 'exception' times.

Easy n wire diagram for 12v alternator.

big wire from back of alternator to 1 post on the ammeter, other post of the ammeter to the battery hot ( can be solenoid connection.. whatever).

Wire ALL loads (except starter ) to that side of the ammeter common with the alternator. That means the wire feeding your yey switch, and lamps come from that 1 stud where the alternator is hooked up. if amp meter reads bakwards.. swap sides.

this gives you a net charge / discharge setup. key on, engine off, points closed or lamps on = discharge deflection on the ammeter... engine running = positive deflection / charging the battery, shown on the ammeter.

N's have just about the easiest wire diagram I have ever seen save for a maggie fired WD or JD with crank start and no lamps.... etc..

soundugy

Mopar92 said:
OK... 2 questions
I got 14g wire today and connectors. I have an ammeter in the tractor, but it is not hooked up. How do I hook it up? Now that you know it's not working, how would you hook up the wires? From the key switch?

2nd question.... I want to put a master kill switch on the battery. I have a nice master switch from TSC. I have these on all my old Muscle cars hidden and they work great for that pesky battery drain over the winter and between monthly use. I guess I should put this on the negative side? Is the tractor still negative ground even with the delco 12v conversion? I did not do the conversion, so I have no idea about it. Thanks guys. You've all been a great help. Keith