Ford 6000 ~ 1959 - good tractor?

/ Ford 6000 ~ 1959 - good tractor? #41  
Gonna buy 2 tractors before spring. Both for mowing, but one will spend some time here to keep the hours down on the 150.

/ Ford 6000 ~ 1959 - good tractor? #42  
Farmwithjunk said:
Obiously you feel that first hand "BTDT" info is worthless and "What I don't know doesn't exist" is what makes the world go 'round.

I believe you may not have read my posts completely... i said i stood corrected about the SOS info, and in fact.. would like to find more sources about the deaths involved.. etc.

Not sure what you are getting at re: paranoia...? not sure how that would apply in the previous post... however.. I think we can say that this issue is effectively burnt out now ?At this point i think it's safe to leave it at that.

Soundguy

/ Ford 6000 ~ 1959 - good tractor? #43  
Soundguy said:
I believe you may not have read my posts completely... i said i stood corrected about the SOS info, and in fact.. would like to find more sources about the deaths involved.. etc.

Not sure what you are getting at re: paranoia...? not sure how that would apply in the previous post... however.. I think we can say that this issue is effectively burnt out now ?At this point i think it's safe to leave it at that.

Soundguy

Paranoia, n. a mental disorder characterized by delusions, as of grandeur, esp persecution. paranoid, adj.

Thinking anyone's comments that COULD apply to one's self are directly and singularly about yourself in all cases even with no real legitimate reason or indication of that being the case. That'd be paranoia.

Misrepresentation. vt, To represent falsely. To give an untrue idea.

That'd be the altering and deliberate change of context of what was represented as a "quote". Think about that one for a while, and how it applies to your reply (ies).

I ALWAYS read any post before quoting and or replying to it. I have no problem with reading comprehension skills. Doing anything differently would be a mistake on my part and a dis-service to anyone reading my reply.

I will agree the topic has reached it's usefull conclusion.

/ Ford 6000 ~ 1959 - good tractor? #45  
Soundguy said:
No.. he's not talking about the tractor moving.. he's talking about the hyds still having limited live pressure to the 3pt lift after the tractor is shut off.

I don't believe for one second about an SOS jumping into gear any more than I believe a gear tractor will spontaniously shift into gear... I've heard stories.. but never seen pics...

Now.. that said.. SOS trans can certaintly 'creep'.. much like we have heard HST trans can creep.. but that's a whole different thing than shifting into gear.

Soundguy
well i hate to say this but your wrong.an sos tranny can an will jump in gear.an they have jumped into gear.you do not put them in nuteral an get off because if you do your asking for trouble.with those tractors you put them in park an kill them am then get off.thats the safest way.i can say this because weve had 2 6000s over 35yrs.an my dad has overhauled their motors an hydros.no tractor shop will touch a 6000.

/ Ford 6000 ~ 1959 - good tractor? #46  
bigbull338 said:
well i hate to say this but your wrong.an sos tranny can an will jump in gear.an they have jumped into gear.you do not put them in nuteral an get off because if you do your asking for trouble.with those tractors you put them in park an kill them am then get off.thats the safest way.i can say this because weve had 2 6000s over 35yrs.an my dad has overhauled their motors an hydros.no tractor shop will touch a 6000.

I thought this was all settled, why bring up a post to rehash the bickering.:(

/ Ford 6000 ~ 1959 - good tractor? #47  
Robert_in_NY said:
I thought this was all settled, why bring up a post to rehash the bickering.:(

Looks like someone didn't read the entire thread... that or they just like pot stirring??

soundguy

/ Ford 6000 ~ 1959 - good tractor? #48  
Thanks everyone for all the information on this tractor. I almost bought one but with all the negative information I asked a lot of questions about the transmission. Turns out it had a transmission problem and drove its self into a garbage bin. No one was hurt but it was at low rpm.

/ Ford 6000 ~ 1959 - good tractor? #49  
Bad karma grill.
The first time I saw a picture of an early 6000, it struck me that the grill resembles the grill on an Edsel...