Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #1  

North Dakota

Silver Member
Tractor
'84 Ford 1710
This scares me alot. I just bought this ford 1710 and wanted a new seat assembly as mine is cracked. Looked on line and found some universal seat assemblies that may work. Stopped aat the local dealer and asked about getting the seat assembly. He called his supplier to get the exact part that was damaged and it was $536 :eek: just for the one part.

I then went to the web and searched for ford 1710 parts and it seems that the 1700 and 1710 are about the only models not listed.

Whats up with this? Anybody else notice this?

Apparently some parts can be had as the one I bought was overhauled about 200 hrs ago. But god forbid if you ever needed a new enngine.

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #2  
North Dakota said:
This scares me alot. I just bought this ford 1710 and wanted a new seat assembly as mine is cracked. Looked on line and found some universal seat assemblies that may work. Stopped aat the local dealer and asked about getting the seat assembly. He called his supplier to get the exact part that was damaged and it was $536 :eek: just for the one part.

I then went to the web and searched for ford 1710 parts and it seems that the 1700 and 1710 are about the only models not listed.

Whats up with this? Anybody else notice this?

Apparently some parts can be had as the one I bought was overhauled about 200 hrs ago. But god forbid if you ever needed a new enngine.

I have done a total rebuilt of hydraulic lift cylinder including piston seals and many o-rings and such, misc balls, gaskets , pump shaft seal , hydraulic pump overhaul kit, one front light, fuel filter, belts, radiator hoses and plus all fluids. All parts were readily available from my local Ford and I know all of that cost me less than $250. I did not find them to be very expensive and was happy enough to have them quickly. The most important thing was hyd pump overhaul kit about $40. Of course If I had to pay my own self then I reckon I would not have afforded it. Dealer was asking about $700 for simple hyd piston seal replacement. Now, I have done no major engine part replacement and if I can help it will try to avoid it. I think I may need to change the clutch disk in several years and the disk is cheap and available... it only takes a tractor split.. that's all. Have you tried Kubota parts... they want an arm and leg and then some. I found for the vintage of my 1700 the part prices are okay. Do be careful with fuel injector and pump. They are expensive. By the way make sure to replace oil in your injector pump... it's very important. search the post I had about it. it'll be informative.

JC:) ,

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #3  
I'd be surprised it a 100$ seat from a farm store didn't fit..

fords have some pretty standard mounting points on the hyd cover with which to mount seats..

Soundguy

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #4  
Soundguy said:
I'd be surprised it a 100$ seat from a farm store didn't fit..

fords have some pretty standard mounting points on the hyd cover with which to mount seats..

Soundguy

Soundguy is right. I wouldn't let that price scare you off... OEM seats are always expensive. I priced one for a backhoe at work a couple years back and it was over $900... it was a swivel seat... but still!!

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts
I'm pretty sure I can get an universal seat that fits. The one at the Runnings store here should bolt on but the specs shows that it will sit about 3 inches higher then the original bringing my short legs further away from the foot throttle and knees closer to the steering wheel.

Maybe my ford dealer can get the parts but they do not seem readily avaible on the internet.

JC try searching for a clutch plate for the ford 1700 or ford 1700 tractor parts and see what you can find.

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #6  
North Dakota said:
I'm pretty sure I can get an universal seat that fits. The one at the Runnings store here should bolt on but the specs shows that it will sit about 3 inches higher then the original bringing my short legs further away from the foot throttle and knees closer to the steering wheel.

Maybe my ford dealer can get the parts but they do not seem readily avaible on the internet.

JC try searching for a clutch plate for the ford 1700 or ford 1700 tractor parts and see what you can find.

North,

I know where you are going. Your 1710 has a live PTO, hence double clutch, hence chi-ching $$$ they are abut $900. My 1700 has transmiission driven pto, hence single clutch, hence cheap ... I did check the price and $80 can get me clutch that exceeds OEM specs. might even find ceramic for just a few more $$.

JC,:)

P.s, By the way you'll be hard pressed to find double clutch set up for any other major manufacturer any cheaper, Saying that I wished I had a live PTO with my 1700 although I can manage all I need just fine. Secondly the fact I can at the convinience of my home or office check the parts breakdown of my old 30 yr old tractor is great. I think to my knowledge Deere and NH do that for free.

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #7  
I just thought I'd chime in. I ran a Ford 1710 for years and nothing broke. I ran it hard,

Andy

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #8  
hey JC (I'm the guy you helped when I got my 1700 this summer) or any one else that may know, regarding the live PTO issue, I have no experience with pto implements so I need to understand this as I am seriously considering a pto generator (like within a week or so) I read somewhere else that the 1700 does not have a live pto, does that mean the pto will not operate when the tractor is stationary? does it only work when the tractor is in gear and moving or does it just have to be in one of the ranges to work and not in a drive gear?
my PTO shaft definitely turns when I engage the lever even with both the tranny and range selector are in neutral. my 1700 is a later model 1980 or 81 if that makes a difference.
Glad to see a little discussion on this model, and again from Andy, another 1700 owner/operator who has very positive feedback. the little discussion I have found on this model is all good, that's why I want to use it for a back up generator power plant.

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts #9  
Live pto means the pto can be clutched seperately of the drive train.

non live pto means the drivetran and pto are clutched together.

ground speed pto means the pto is tied tot he drivetrain.. no move=no pto

the 1700 has a plain old non live pto.. that menas you shift the trans to neutral, engage the pto.. and slip the clutch and away your pto generator spins..

Soundguy

/ Ford 1700 & 1710 tractor parts
Well, I'm feeling a little better about my tractor. Sounds like most parts for typical repairs are available. Just got a little nervous when I googled Ford 1710 tractor parts and most sites have very little items listed compared to other Ford models.

I feel pretty confident that these little tractors are solid and good workers. I'm looking forward to using mine this spring :)

Live PTO will allow you to push in the clutch and disengage my transmission and the PTO still has power or I can continue to push the clutch all the way to the floor and disengage both tranny and PTO.