Oil & Fuel Ford Dexta 2000 with 3 cyl Gas?

/ Ford Dexta 2000 with 3 cyl Gas? #1  

cjcocn

Silver Member
Hello all

I hope this the right forum for this .....

A friend of mine has an old Ford tractor. I called him up today and asked what model he had. He told me that he has a Ford Dexta 2000 with a 3 cyl gas engine.

I am new (extremely, extremely new) to tractors, but I thought that the Dexta models only came in diesel or 4 cyl gas engines? (and weren't the gas engines all shipped to Denmark, Sweden, etc?)

Having only seen his tractor from a distance, I can only say that it looks like an older model. I first mistook it for a N series because of the nose ... from a distance, remember (plus I am a newbie). He said it was a '60-something, but it looks (the nose again) like it shouldn't be older than the '61 (from the '57 to '61 body style).

So having said all that, did Ford(son) make a Dexta 2000 with a 3 cyl gas engine or was his unit probably re-powered with that engine?

I want to head over to his place, but by the time I get off work it is pretty much dark and I can't even make the 10 minute drive to his house before it gets dark.

This weekend (Sunday) I will head over there and have a look for myself (and try to find some badges or serial numbers), but I was hoping that in the meantime someone here could provide some info.

Thanks!

PS .... I don't have any special interest in this tractor (although I would buy it if he had it for sale), but being so new to tractors I would sure like to learn a bit more and I figure this is one means of doing so.

/ Ford Dexta 2000 with 3 cyl Gas? #2  
Post some pics.

Soundguy

/ Ford Dexta 2000 with 3 cyl Gas? #3  
   / Ford Dexta 2000 with 3 cyl Gas?
Soundguy (I was kinda hoping that you would see this thread!)

Hard to tell since I have only seen the tractor from the rear/rear quartering away.

He gave me some numbers today that he said were hand written on his manual (check your PMs), but I do not know if these are the actual serial numbers. He also stated that "British Model" was hand written on his manual beside the numbers that he provided to me.

I found a Ford 2000 with a 3 cyl gas here: TractorData.com - Ford 2000 tractor data, but am still looking for the Dexta 2000 with 3 cyl gas.

I will bring my camera into town tomorrow and will take pics at lunch, and should be able to post them up in the afternoon. I will also look for some more numbers, badges, etc. as the link above provides some explanation as to where they can be found.

Thanks

Took some pics today. They are in this location here:

Index of /~cjcocn/Ford Dexta 2000/

I drove out there at lunch, so was in a rush and did not brush the snow off the tractor or move the snow scoop.

I will search the www for comparison pics, but if anyone can shed some light on this particular model it would be appreciated.

Thanks

/ Ford Dexta 2000 with 3 cyl Gas? #6  
Looks like a regular old 2000 to me, vintage 1965-68. Edit: Further research indicates that in some markets, UK and likely Canada, the tractor known in the US as the Ford 2000 was named the Dexta 2000. Probably to transition the new tractors in with the Dexta name tagged on as buyers were familiar with Dexta. Link-> The National Tractor Show › Gallery › 1965 Ford Dexta 2000

/ Ford Dexta 2000 with 3 cyl Gas? #7  
Yep.. I've showe dthe pics around as well... myself included all think it is a 3cyl 2000.. etc..

Soundguy

Thanks fellas

He wants to put an FEL on his unit and it will be interesting to follow that process (and continue to learn about tractors).

/ Ford Dexta 2000 with 3 cyl Gas? #9  
I have a 1968 Ford 2000, 3 cyl gas, with an Allied loader that looks just like this one. The gas engine is really dependable with decent power. Good luck with the project.

Rod