TC series: rocker pedal vs fwd/rev. pedals

/ TC series: rocker pedal vs fwd/rev. pedals #1  

Socalfarmer

Ive noticed on some hydro units either a rocker pedal or two orange pedals(forward reverse). What am I missing? Is this only on certain units?

/ TC series: rocker pedal vs fwd/rev. pedals #2  
Socalfarmer said:
Ive noticed on some hydro units either a rocker pedal or two orange pedals(forward reverse). What am I missing? Is this only on certain units?

I have a TC30, 2 orange pedals that are actually two pads on one rocker pedal. Not familiar with the "rocker pedal".

/ TC series: rocker pedal vs fwd/rev. pedals #3  
class II have the rocker pedal; class III have the 2 pedal system

/ TC series: rocker pedal vs fwd/rev. pedals
Thanks Dave............ 2 dealers couldnt answer that question LOL

/ TC series: rocker pedal vs fwd/rev. pedals #5  
Socalfarmer said:
Thanks Dave............ 2 dealers couldnt answer that question LOL

You will also notice on the Class III TCs that the brake pedals are on the opposite side as the forward and reverse HST pedals. That allows differential braking to aid in turns and hold the tractor straight when plowing or backdragging where the front wheels lift off the ground. One of the frustrations you will find expressed by Class II owners is the lack of an easy way to do differential braking due to the brake pedal being on the same side as the hydro pedal.

Because the pedals are different, the mechanics of the linkage to the transmission is also very different between the Class II and Class III tractors. The Class III pedal mechanism is more complex and also prone to a few more problems than the Class II in my opinion. The Class III owners all know that they have to have their return spring adjusted properly and the pedal assembly kept clean and lubed. They also know that if you load the tractor down at low engine rpm, the pedals may tend to not return to neutral when you liift your foot. The best solution for this is to keep the engine rpm up while working, and the HST will aid you (or at least not hinder you) in returning the pedal as it should.

/ TC series: rocker pedal vs fwd/rev. pedals #6  
jinman said:
....One of the frustrations you will find expressed by Class II owners is the lack of an easy way to do differential braking due to the brake pedal being on the same side as the hydro pedal.

That is so true, something seems odd with that design. Although having 3 pedals on the left side might not work. But maybe something else could have been done with the clutch.

Where's the clutch pedal (if any) on the Class III's?

/ TC series: rocker pedal vs fwd/rev. pedals #7  
The class III gear drives have the two brake pedals on the right side and the clutch pedal is on the left side.

/ TC series: rocker pedal vs fwd/rev. pedals #8  
Hydro class III has no clutch. Jinman; class II with rocker will also not return properly when low RPM ( lugging) happens, but I am told it is not like the class III. I have complained to CNH about the rocker- brake situation; wanted the engineer that designed it to show me how to do it. Glad he did'nt show up because he probably wore a size 18 boot and may have been able to do it!

/ TC series: rocker pedal vs fwd/rev. pedals #9  
i moved my cruise control disable to my clutch pedal. then i set the cruise and use the L/R breaks just like a geared tractor. wont stop unless you hit the clutch or hit the button on the dash.

if you can drive a geared tractor, you can drive one with that setup.

/ TC series: rocker pedal vs fwd/rev. pedals #10  
schmism said:
i moved my cruise control disable to my clutch pedal. then i set the cruise and use the L/R breaks just like a geared tractor. wont stop unless you hit the clutch or hit the button on the dash.

if you can drive a geared tractor, you can drive one with that setup.

If you have a cruise control.