Rear Remote Kit Prices!

/ Rear Remote Kit Prices! #1  

davey4000

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4320, NH TC29D
I wanted to add two rear remotes to my TC29D. I called NH and the price for kit 1 and 2 added together total $1,500. That seems outrageous to me. The parts guy did ask "do you get a discount?. Anyone know what a typical discount is for those who get one? I may have to get someone to buy them for me.

/ Rear Remote Kit Prices! #2  
I think it depends on the store and the customer. I buy quite a bit from my NH dealer and usually get a 10% discount on parts.

You could talk to your salesman you bought the tractor from and see if he can help get you the parts at cost or at a better price if nothing else.

/ Rear Remote Kit Prices! #3  
davey4000 said:
I wanted to add two rear remotes to my TC29D. I called NH and the price for kit 1 and 2 added together total $1,500. That seems outrageous to me. The parts guy did ask "do you get a discount?. Anyone know what a typical discount is for those who get one? I may have to get someone to buy them for me.

Three years ago, I had a 3rd remote added to my NH TN65 and that cost $580...installed by the dealer.

Perhaps the prices have increased, but that much??

/ Rear Remote Kit Prices! #4  
davey4000 said:
For my TC25D,

In 7/2003, I paid $230.00 for the first valve.
In 3/2004, I paid $210.00 for the second valve, plus $244.53 for a service call to install both of them.
($199.80 Labor, $4.00 Misc Supplies, $15.00 Service Call, $25.73 Tax)

Total for 2 valves (maximum number of remotes on a Class II) and installation = $684.53.

/ Rear Remote Kit Prices! #5  
davey4000 said:
$1500 is what I paid for 2 ,installed ,on a new machine last summer

/ Rear Remote Kit Prices! #6  
The TC25, 29 and 33 were (when new) the three Class II models and, as far as I know, took all the same accessories.

I don't know if the 34DA is also considered a Class II in terms of accessories so I don't know if it's correct to compare remote prices. I believe you could get more rear remotes on the Class III Boomers and they cost more than Class II remotes.

The first kit part number was 718348056. I don't have the part number for the second kit, it was not listed on the receipt.

/ Rear Remote Kit Prices! #7  
I think the 34DA is the same class II . Physically it is the same size just more HP. Although I see your question is really are the valve kits the same.
I don't know but I would guess yes.

/ Rear Remote Kit Prices! #8  
I just looked up part number 718348056 (the part number has been superceded, new part number was not listed, none in stock) at Messick's. The price has gone from $230.00 when I bought mine to $758.91. :eek:

/ Rear Remote Kit Prices! #9  
MikePA said:
I just looked up part number 718348056 (the part number has been superceded, new part number was not listed, none in stock) at Messick's. The price has gone from $230.00 when I bought mine to $758.91. :eek:

Must be the price of steel going up.:rolleyes: :p

/ Rear Remote Kit Prices!
The part numbers for the kits are 718348056 and 718347013. Kit one cost slightly more than kit two, but added together they total almost $1,500. This is for parts only.

Not to mention, the hydraulic things I want to run off the remotes will cost quite a bit as well. I've been thinking of getting a bigger tractor. Maybe it's time to price out a bigger one with all the goodies included.