NH TN65

/ NH TN65 #1  

Youare

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3000
My brother is a mechanic for the local NH dealership, we got togther this weekend for an Easter dinner at Mom's house.

The concversation turned to tractors as usual. He mentioned a TN65 that had only 105 hours on it they took in for warrentee work. I saw the tractor this afternoon. The front grill guard was bent over to the side so far the FEL arms would rub on it.

The FEL was bent to one side and it did not even come close to sitting level. The whole tractor looked like it had been in a war. Around back the PTO shaft guard was all bent up aslo.

There was a good size Norse winch attached to the back. Seems the owner was doing a lot log pulling and he did not like to move the tractor to line up with the direction of pull. So he just chained the FEL to a tree and pulled sideways, a lot.

He is lucky they are going to give him a new FEL. Don't pull sideways too much if you are using a 3PH winch, and don't chain the tractor to a tree to hold it in place.

Randy

/ NH TN65 #2  
Can he get a picture of it? It makes you wonder what the guy thought would happen when you apply that much stress to any machine. NH is extremly good about taking care of their customers which is a nice thing. As for the back pto guard being bent so is mine, my 3 bottom plow broke and when I lifted it the lead cutter wheel jammed into the pto guard by some freak chance. I had to disassemble the cutter wheel to get the plow free from the guard, but the guard isn't too terribly bad off. Just looks a little tipsy.

/ NH TN65
It is probably all apart by now, the mechanic was working on it yesturday. NH did seem to go above and beyond the call of duty on this fix.

Randy

/ NH TN65 #4  
Maybe New Holland financed the tractor and the owner had the mandatory damage insurance to cover the problem?