TN 55, differential lock problem,

/ TN 55, differential lock problem, #1  

maplehillfrm

Hey all, I went up to get my woodsplitter this afternoon, and started spinning on a bit of ice, I went to engage the diffy locka nd it wouldnt go down, I stepped on it hard and it engaged, and worked ok, I had to do the same thing 2 more times...

I had this trouble a few weeks back as well,

I think the trouble started when I lent my tractor [WRONG!!!!! thing to do] and found out that the differential lock was used hard,, by hard I mean that he had to go up a very muddy roadway with quite a load, and even before the tires were actually spinning or needing help he was standing on the diffy lock to keep the momentum up the hill, not saying I wouldnt have done the same thing on occasion,, but this was done pretty regularily,,,

I have not gotten into the problem yet, but wanted to know if there was any suggestions out there prior to me looking at it,, it may be as simple a sa bent?? linkage maybe going into the trans?? anything to look for that could jump at me before I worry too much

and what kind of process am I looking at if i have to go further in to the unit.. thansk pat

100_3325.jpg

/ TN 55, differential lock problem, #2  
If your tires were spinning fast, it can be hard to engage. The operators manual specifically states NOT to engage while tires are spinning on ice, but to idle the tractor first. I couldn't find any area regarding adjustments though - sorry.

/ TN 55, differential lock problem, #3  
It is not hard on them to engage before spinning but once they are spinning fast and you drop it is when the damage might occur!

/ TN 55, differential lock problem, #4  
Post some pics of the external linkage.. it may be bent and not traveling as much.. etc.

soundguy