Average hours on tractor / year

/ Average hours on tractor / year #1  

wihakowiSteve

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC35D
I am curious what kind of hours folks put on their tractors yearly.

I put on about 200 hours a year. General FEL work - snow, gravel, grading. Pulling logs out of the woods. Brush-hog.

I would like to come to some kind of a rational/logical correlation between hours and lost value. Mostly, this curiosity stems from hearing of folks who buy a year old tractor with about 100 hours on it and pay 15% less than new price ($15000 new tractor sells for $12,500 = $2500 lost value). Then I see a tractor with 3000 hours that is selling for only a grand less than a similar tractor with only 200 hours!! There has to be some value that can be placed on all those hours.
Just curious as to the hours folks put on their tractors at this point. Steve

/ Average hours on tractor / year #2  
I average about 100 hrs per year. But the more toys and attachments one gathers together, up go the hours. Right now I spend most of my time mowing, rolling, and a few winter sports. But I have lots more to do once I can accumulate the right toys!

/ Average hours on tractor / year #3  
Just about 100 hours year and 90% of that fel work,but I fear this year it shall be a lot higher do to my better half 1,200.oo sq foot flower garden she started /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif give me mercy. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ Average hours on tractor / year #4  
Hi Steve,

I've had my Boomer for about four weeks now and already have 64 hours on it. Mostly tilling, hole augering & and FEL jobs. The pricing of older tractors around here is just short of outrageous. A refurbished Ford 8N(?) goes for about $6,000.00. Older Farmall A's and Super A's, about $4500. That is with no attachments on either one. I've noticed at the auctions here, that the smaller implements are going for a pretty good price also. Lots of compact tractors being sold. My NH dealer told me the other day, that he has sold 16 Boomers in the last year alone in this county. So far, I haven't seen any used Boomers for sale. Lots of used Kubotas though. Their pricing is right up there though with their counterparts. If this trend keeps up, I will probably have close to 350 hours at the end of one year of ownership. That is counting snow removal in the winter months also. Hope that helped a bit. *smiling*

/ Average hours on tractor / year #5  
I've put on about 170 hrs since the beginning of January. I estimate that by year's end I'll have 300 to 400 hrs depending on how much work I do on house building, roads and "hobby farming." I purchased my JD4700 w/ 516 hrs. It was one of a dealer rental to a local peach farmer who rents new each year for pulling wagons, etc. I expect my usage will drop the second & third year to 100 hrs or so. Who knows. I (and my wife) keep finding new projects that it can do.

/ Average hours on tractor / year #7  
If I use my Boomer for mowing (rotary cutter), I'll average about 300 hr/yr. If not, about 225. This last year, I used my Ford Jubilee for mowing, so that saved a lot of hours on the Boomer.

/ Average hours on tractor / year
stmiller, Thanks for the input. I took a look at that study --- pweeewh! Hope you can understand it better than I! That one formula makes the names thay give food additives sound like plain old simple names!! Steve

/ Average hours on tractor / year #9  
I have used my tractor about 20 hours this year ( with -0- use in january ). I estimate about 100 hours or so per year usage on regular chores.... not counting 'special situations'....

Mostly my usage has been discing and seed / fertalizer spreading.

Chris

/ Average hours on tractor / year #10  
Got my tractor in the begining of January, already have 120 hours. I expect this will slow down as I get most of my bigger projects done. I'm figuring on about 150 to 200 hour per year.