Oil & Fuel TC33D-What's correct oil for front axle?

/ TC33D-What's correct oil for front axle? #1  

jbman45

I'm puzzled, doing first major oil changes at 300 hours and manual says for HST version to use NH 134 Hydraulic oil in virtually everything. OK, except I drained front axle differential and old oil looked a bit heavier, drained the front axle Final reduction gear case and it was definitely a heavier gear oil, had different smell and that shiny metallic appearance. Manual says to refill with NH 134 Hydraulic oil!! which does not seem right, says so on page 3-32.

Anyone know a dealer or other pro that thinks gear oil should go in the final reduction case in front. Manual shows to use an 85W-90 but doesn't say where? Thanks for any help

/ TC33D-What's correct oil for front axle? #2  
Why doesn't it seem right to you, when your manual calls for it.

M2C134D is not just a plain Hydraulic oil.. it is a transdraulic multi purpose oil. Spec'ed for use in trannies, hydraulics, power steering, differentials, front axles, and final drives.

I used it in my NH 1920 4wd front axle with -0- problems. My ford 5000 and NH 7610s hold about 23 gallons of the stuff combined...

soundguy

Last edited:
   / TC33D-What's correct oil for front axle?
thanks Soundguy, that gives me some confidence I guess in the manual....not always sure the manual is as good as it could be. the oil I drained caused the concern since it looked and smelled more like a gear oil than a univ tractor fluid, especially with that aluminum, shimmering look like a moly treat or something.

But you're right, these are not just hydraulic oils, much higher load of additives and should work ok, your history proves that...

thanks...

/ TC33D-What's correct oil for front axle? #4  
When you say shiney metallic appearance, makes me wonder if something no good is going on in the differential.

/ TC33D-What's correct oil for front axle? #5  
The previous owner probably put gear oil in it.. or toppe dit off with gear oil unknowingly.

Yep.. my 5000 and 7610s mow with 10' and 15' mowers... I change the UTF oil every 2ys.... never seen a UTF related problem yet.

on the 7610s I had some factory service done on a remote ( that was broke when i got the tractor due to a flaw in the casting), and the dealer went all thru my hyds for safety.. and the walmart UTF seems to have had no ill effects on the tractor.

soundguy