new guy, new tractor

/ new guy, new tractor #1  

kudzu04

Hi folks. After doing a lot of reading on this forum and a lot of tractor shopping, I bought a new one last week. A new New Holland T1520 with a NH FEL, BH 5' box blade and BH 6' finish mower. I will use it for mowing and some fairly light landscaping on our 5 acres in preparation to sell the property. We recently purchased 11 acres and I need to work on it also.

I shopped the JD 790, Kubota L3400, MF 1533 (a nice tractor) and a Bobcat. The NH dealer made me a good deal and I talked with the lead mechanic who has worked there for 12 years. I felt pretty good about this place - and my wife liked the blue - so here we are.

I gathered a lot of info from this sight and look forward to visiting you guys.

/ new guy, new tractor #2  
kudzu04,

Welcome to TBN & Cheers on a fine tractor purchase ! Sounds like you got all the toys with it as well. Your going to have a grand time.....let me tell ya somethin.

Send pics of tractor in action.

Vic

/ new guy, new tractor #3  
Congrats --dito on pictures --we love pictures---
my wife was the same way about the blue.
Your def in the right place TBN is the place (your not alone)

Welcome to TBN.

/ new guy, new tractor #4  
kudzu04 said:
Hi folks. After doing a lot of reading on this forum and a lot of tractor shopping, I bought a new one last week. A new New Holland T1520 with a NH FEL, BH 5' box blade and BH 6' finish mower.

I gathered a lot of info from this sight and look forward to visiting you guys.

Congrats;

T1520 specs out pretty good. it is in my cross hair plus a few others, Please share your experience with it. I ditto as well on the pictures. By the way, did you have any NH option for some sort of quick attach on your loader bucket and sub-frame mount for your loader?

JC,:)

/ new guy, new tractor #5  
kudzu04:

Welcome to TBN and the Blue Forum :D! Use your new tractor safely and well. Send pictures. We like pictures. Jay :)

/ new guy, new tractor #6  
Kudzu

Congrats and Welcome! A good tractor helps fight back Kudzu...you in Georgia where that stuff seems everywhere?

Paul

/ new guy, new tractor #7  
Welcome!

soundguy

/ new guy, new tractor
Thanks for the welcome. So far only 15 hours on it but this weekend 3 loads of topsoil and 2 loads of blue chat are coming. Yeehaa. I am really liking this NH, everything works as it should and it has plenty of grunt. Mostly mowing up till now but some BB work on the drive and loader work in the garden area ( no quick attach on the bucket JC ).
I've been thinking about loaded tires and front/rear weights. This tractor will probably loose traction before power. Any input on that would be helpful.
Oh yeah Paul, I'm in Arkansas. That dang kudzu is moving like fireants.

/ new guy, new tractor #9  
rear weights and loaded rear tires tends to help counterballance a loader.

Doubt you need any front weights with a loader on!

soundguy

/ new guy, new tractor #10  
kudzu04 said:
Oh yeah Paul, I'm in Arkansas. That dang kudzu is moving like fireants.

Kudzu is absolutely amazing stuff. Heard someone that you can watch it grow each day!

My NH TC33D did not have filled tires and my newer NH TC40DA had them. I like it alot for stability and balance and now I don't have to throw on an implement to have some extra weight on the rear end! Noticed a huge difference when snowplowing as well.