Ford 3000 Stuck Clutch

/ Ford 3000 Stuck Clutch #1  

namvet69

Tractor
3910 Ford, 1925 New Holland, John Deere 990
As I mentioned in an earlier post, my 3000 had a stuck clutch which happened all at once. I had loaned it to family member to disk his garden. Anyway, I split it today and this is what I found.

The presure plate had a sheared bolt and a couple of the release levers are compressed.
pp.jpg

The clutch was shattered on the PP side but looked good on the FW side.
clutch1.jpg

The TO bearing seemed to be OK but I'll replace it too along with the pilot bearing
tobearing.jpg

I've always bought parts at my NH dealer but I was wondering if there was a cheaper online store to get good quality parts. Thanks.

NV

Last edited:
   / Ford 3000 Stuck Clutch #4  
I've bought some mid-high 700$ ticket items from them.. plus smaller stuff.. etc.

Soundguy

/ Ford 3000 Stuck Clutch #5  
I usually reline my own clutches but in our town here there is an old shop that does excellent work also. Many towns have them. Before I quit working as a mechanic I sent him many many clutches and I don't think he ever charged me more than 50 bucks to reline one. The bearings are probably standard stock items that you can get at any bearing supply place. If you can read a number on it then you can get it.

/ Ford 3000 Stuck Clutch
Went to my NH dealer today and got the whole kit for $379. The cover was already loaded with the pto disk, had both bearings and tranny disk plus pilot tool. It was all new aftermarket, not remanufactured. He said they had better luck with these than the remanufactured ones. Also no core charge.

NV

/ Ford 3000 Stuck Clutch #7  
I'd call that a great deal if it had the allign tool with it, and all for that $$.. no mucking with the input shaft.. etc.

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 Stuck Clutch
Hard to believe, I called another area dealer just to pic his brain, the rebuilt cover was $510, trans clutch was $146, TO bearing $47, pilot bearing $5 and no tool.

NV