Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Tractor
    2004 New Holland TC 35, 1951 International Cub Cadet

Default Re: TC33D wont start

Is my assumption above going in the right direction?

Tractor
    2004 Kubota L35TLB, '89' Cub Cadet 1541

Quote Originally Posted by unknownhinson View Post
    Mine is a 2004 also and did this same (well similar) thing today for the first time after 6 or 7 years of trouble free operation, I started it up in the barn and ran down the road for about 5 minutes box blading, I had a stick stuck on the front end loader bucket and accidentally stalled the machine by backing up with the bucket down and too high of a gear, that's when the engine would not turn over and just a slight buzzing squealing sound from around the key switch area. But...when I started the tractor by pulling it, I noticed the glow plug light stayed on the whole ride back to the house (5 minutes) and it definitely dimmed when the rpm's dropped. I'm guess g my glow plug timer is bad and killed the battery in 5 minutes?
    Is my assumption above going in the right direction?
    So? you're saying it starts with a fully charged battery?
    .....Tim

Tractor
    2004 New Holland TC 35, 1951 International Cub Cadet

Quote Originally Posted by irwin View Post
    So? you're saying it starts with a fully charged battery?
    Yes, starts right up with a full battery and then runs with the glow plug light on continuously.

Tractor
    2004 Kubota L35TLB, '89' Cub Cadet 1541

Yes, starts right up with a full battery and then runs with the glow plug light on continuously.
    I don't have a new holland tractor (just a NH skid steer) but the first thing I'd do would be to disconnect the glow plug relay or controller and see if the light goes out (in case the cause is a short in the I/P) if the light goes out it could be as simple as a bad relay, or a bad glow plug switch (on my skid steer it's a push button glow plug switch). if this system has a computer controlled timer it could be more complicated.. but most likely it's a simple issue...

To add a little confusion... a poor ground can cause all sorts of weird conditions.
    .....Tim

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC33D

Does anyone know the length of the battery cables? It will save me a 40 mile round trip. It appears that I have the dreaded no start problem and I'd bet it's the cables. They don't look to good and should be replaced just on principle. Thanks

Tractor
    4835 Ford Newholland

Chances are it could be the starter, a worn starter will give odd symptoms and it will not start unless the battery is fully charged.

Tractor
    4835 Ford Newholland

Glad to hear you got the problem figured out.
    We experienced close to the same symptoms with our 4835 Ford Newholland,

We were having odd shorts, lights working sometimes then not working, fuses blowing, alarms going off and still not starting,

when all was said and done, we ended up solving our problem with a rebuilt
    starter from a machine shop for 300.00 and a higher amp cold start battery because even 12 volts was not enough to start the starter, it needed more starting amps, uuug.

Tractor
    TC29

Does anyone hear a strange "whine" noise after the glowplug light goes off? Anyone know what would make the noise? If I dont hear it my TC29 wont start and I need to go get the jumper cables. Thanks, Dave

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Dave, whines are normally associated with AC power instead of DC like your tractor. Power supplies that convert AC to DC may whine or buzz. In your case, it could be something in the electronics for the instrument panel or a relay humming. It could even be the fuel cutoff solenoid that is energized. Since you said the tractor won't start without the whine, I'd guess the fuel solenoid. Bottom line is that it is very strange to hear anything when powered with DC, but you might have extremely good hearing. Whines can also be caused by arcing on dirty contacts, so it could be a relay somewhere too. So, I haven't given you much help, but I'd say solenoid, inst. panel, or relays in that order.
    Jim

Tractor
    TC29

Jim, thanks for the reply. I'll have to post a video with the noise. Dave

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast