Shifting problem on new TC34DA

/ Shifting problem on new TC34DA #1  

Dave1953

Silver Member
Tractor
5000 Ford, 2019 New Holland Boomer 55 Cab, 935GBH BH
I have only 30 hrs now on my tractor. Ever since it was new most of the time it is hard to shift from neutral to any range. The only way I can get it to shift is pushing in the clutch(which is what you have to do anyway) and rock the foward/reverse pedal back and forth a few times and sometimes it will shift. Sometimes you have to repeat this process 3 or 4 times before it will shift. It seems to be getting a little better as time goes on. Is this normal or is the shifting linkage binding or in need of adjusting? Any help is appreciated.

Dave

/ Shifting problem on new TC34DA #2  
I think that is normal. At least it has been on my TC24 since it was new. I push the clutch in, if it doesn't go, I let it back out, touch the hydro pedal, and try it again. Usually only have to touch it once or twice and then it goes.

/ Shifting problem on new TC34DA #3  
Dave,

I use my loader up or down to releave pressure from the HST.
This help me shift.

/ Shifting problem on new TC34DA
johnnylight said:
Dave,

This help me shift.

Hey, thats not bad. I'll try that. Thanks

Dave

/ Shifting problem on new TC34DA
johnnylight said:
Dave,

This help me shift.

John,

I tried your trick of moving the loader/bucket just a little to get the tranny to shift and it works!:D It sure beats the crude way I was doing it. Thanks again.

Dave
TC34DA, 14LA FEL, 758C BH, 6' finish mower. NH ballast box, QA fork lift, tooth bar, 53 Cub, 5000 Ford, 1206 Farmall, etc,etc. This is the first discussion board where a lot of members list some of their equipt. when they make a post so I thought I would make a big splash:D