TD95 2WD or TD80 4WD to pull 15' batwing

/ TD95 2WD or TD80 4WD to pull 15' batwing #1  

NH92654

I am looking to buy a new tractor for pasture mowing with a 15' Batwing and FEL for round bales. Would appreciate your comments as to which would do a better job, TD95 2WD or TD80 4WD. Thanks in advance.

/ TD95 2WD or TD80 4WD to pull 15' batwing #2  
I would go with a FWA tractor for those times you find your way into a soft spot. But I would also want the extra power. If all you ever plan on doing is cut on dry, solid, flat ground then go with a 2wd but if you plan on cutting on any wet, soft or hilly ground go with a FWA tractor.

/ TD95 2WD or TD80 4WD to pull 15' batwing #3  
If my new td95d 4wd would stay running longer than 15 minutes I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Until two months ago it was pulling my 14 foot mower without even breathing hard no matter what I was going through. It's definitely got the power for a 15 foot. It's on it's way back to the dealer again today.
We're as flat as it gets in this country here in West Texas and I'm very glad I got the 4 wd option still. It has been needed several times here.

/ TD95 2WD or TD80 4WD to pull 15' batwing
Thanks WTA, what kind of problems are you having that keeps you TD95 from running? That is exactly the tractor I have been leaning towards, TD95 2WD.

/ TD95 2WD or TD80 4WD to pull 15' batwing
Thanks Robert,
My dilemma is cost. I feel like I can afford a larger HP tractor in 2WD drive. Been comparing M7040 4WD, M8540 2 & 4WD and M9540 2WD. Trying to rationalize a reasonable compromise but still have enough tractor for the job.

Many Thanks for your help.

/ TD95 2WD or TD80 4WD to pull 15' batwing #6  
It's been having a fuel starvation problem for two months now. I have a thread about it all here. My dealer hasn't been able to repair it yet and it's cost me a fortune in lost profits off my farm because of it. They have so far only had the injector pump rebuilt and mostly tried to blame me for using bad fuel. I did NOT have bad fuel. It's burning the same diesel that my pickup is using and the truck has never had one single problem. They just came a couple minutes ago to get it again and this time they are replacing the fuel pump, primary filter housing and a bunch of other parts they broke last time they had it. They broke my ac bracket, left bolts off the injector pump and stripped my bleed screw on the filter housing. I will NOT pay for things that were not broke before they worked on it. Especially at their overinflated prices.
Hopefully it will come back working in a couple days. It truly has been a great tractor with power to spare. I love the thing. The cab is great! The Air conditioning is about as good as my truck. It will give you a headache its so cold! Even when it's over a hundred degrees outside I'm having to turn down the temp control on it to keep from freezing.
It will lift any implement I have here and run my 16 foot hydraswing haybine and my 14 foot shredder like it's not even there.
Going from a 40 HP worn out antique MM tractor to this was like switching from an old dodge duster to a brand new Jaguar!
My problem is more with the dealer than the tractor. I'll never use them again after they get this warranty problem resolved. Just make darn sure you are dealing with a good dealer. Ask if they give loaner tractors if yours breaks down durring the warranty period too. This one refuses even though New holland told me I should have a loaner and called them. I've been a mechanic at tractor dealers before and never seen a customer treated like this before.

If I had to buy this tractor over again I would probably change a couple of minor things. I wish I had the crawler gears for one. I don't need it much but it would be nice. Mine is 4 wheel drive and that is definitly worth the money! I use it the most pulling the UPS and fedex drivers out of the ditch in front of our place but I have als pulled out two GIGANTIC john deere tractors that got stuck. I absolutely loved the look on their faces with my tiny by comparison tractor dragging their 2 wheel drive green machines down the road. I'll never forget it.
If you want to take advantage of the new holland top service then you need the next size up tractor I found out. Mine isn't covered under their service. Or isn't supposed to be. They are involved now because of the ongoing problems I've been having though and the company as a whole has been great to me trying to get it resolved.

/ TD95 2WD or TD80 4WD to pull 15' batwing #7  
The company that has the contract to mow the roadways in our county are running with new NH's. This year they are running a TL100A, a brand spanking new T5060, and a TDD80. All three are MFWD models and are pulling Landpride mowers. They using those 3/4 off set models that have a heavy weight on the left hand side, mower in the middle, and one wing on the right side for doing slopes. The TDD80 seems to pull it with no problem at all.

/ TD95 2WD or TD80 4WD to pull 15' batwing #8  
WTA said:
They just came a couple minutes ago to get it again and this time they are replacing the fuel pump, primary filter housing and a bunch of other parts they broke last time they had it. They broke my ac bracket, left bolts off the injector pump and stripped my bleed screw on the filter housing. I will NOT pay for things that were not broke before they worked on it. Especially at their overinflated prices.
My problem is more with the dealer than the tractor. I'll never use them again after they get this warranty problem resolved. Just make darn sure you are dealing with a good dealer. Ask if they give loaner tractors if yours breaks down durring the warranty period too. This one refuses even though New holland told me I should have a loaner and called them. I've been a mechanic at tractor dealers before and never seen a customer treated like this before.

I hope they can get this straightened out, and I am glad you are identifying this as a colossal dealer problem as opposed to a manufacturer problem. Surely it started as a manufacturing shortcoming, but that should have been long since dealt with in a relatively pain-free way. How some of these guys keep a major manufacturer's contract defies explanation.

/ TD95 2WD or TD80 4WD to pull 15' batwing #9  
I completely agree. Did you see my thread about shopping around for parts. I just discovered other dirt on them. They have been charging me double and sometimes more than double normal retail on parts. They even just tried to charge me for a part they broke. I'm so mad right now I can't even get any work done. They have my tractor and I gave the man that picked it up a typed list of problems with it that need to be fixed. I identified what they broke last time it was in the shop and what is going on with the engine still including what they have done to try fixing it and what I have done.
I also washed and waxed it and expect it back in the same or better looking condition. I've worked at car and tractor dealers since 1995 and was Military for 13 years before that and just never seen one this bad with dealing with customers. I may be picky but only because the way I was taught people get killed with sloppy work. I've seen it happen. My tractor not working now means I don't make any money on the farm. I bought it to make money.
Attention to detail was drilled into my head from the day I was born from growing up in a Marine Corps family and then serving in the Navy and Army myself. I just have no tolerance for this crap.
The last Kubota dealer I worked for did whatever it took to fix things right really fast. If it meant calling in a engine designer from Germany (The Geihl skidsteers we sold had German engines) and having us mechanics working on it round the clock till it was fixed then that's what they did.
Not here.

/ TD95 2WD or TD80 4WD to pull 15' batwing #10  
In order to help, would like to know the terrain and what the soil is like.

If flat and dry, 2wd will be fine. Hilly, with wet soil, FWA.

Do you want to use it for snow? (assuming you have snow).

Need more information.
Bob