758c bh dipperstick cylinder wiper seal replacement

/ 758c bh dipperstick cylinder wiper seal replacement #1  

Tractorganic

Silver Member
Tractor
NH/TC40D SS; BCS 850, Brush Mower, Sulky, 'Tiller, Chipper, Snow Blower; JD X570-48-A
758C operators manual suggests freeing the lower end of the cylinder rod to remove the rod from the cylinder tube to perform the wiper seal replacement.
I've had a 3 day nightmare trying to get the Guide Link (2 pins/arms) lower pin to come free of the dipperstick rod lower end w./ it's 2 bushings sandwiched between the bucket link's upper holes.
I haven't been able to drive it out w./ a big drift pin. I took the time to deburr the pin end before I started.
I removed the entire cylinder with Guide Link and Bucket Link attached (the upper arm came out of the dipperstick easily as did the Bucket Pin). Tomorrow I'm taking it to a machine shop to see if they can press it out. This has turned out to be a lot of work to replace a small wiper seal and I haven't even broken into the cylinder yet.
Anybody done this an easy way?

/ 758c bh dipperstick cylinder wiper seal replacement #2  
I do hope you have the rest of the seal kit for when you get to the wiper. You have to remove every other seal to get to the wiper anyway.
An easy way? No clue. How about some pics.

/ 758c bh dipperstick cylinder wiper seal replacement
Oh well! Machine shop was closed despite claims they'd be there; so, I drove back home w./ the entire cylinder w./ guide link + bucket link attached (I removed them from bh last night), gave the pin a few more whacks to no avail, then decided I'd better take it to the dealer's service dept. before Sat. noon closing. They'll decide if it's cheaper for their shop to pull and repair parts or replace w./ new. Seems to me they may have to junk the cylinder piston (rod) w./ stubborn guide link pin frozen in, as well as guide link and bucket link
(possibly distorted). This could get expensive.
Also requested cylinder repack w./ all new seals et. all.
I really wanted to see inside the cylinder and do it myself and learn something.
Maybe I did.
As for pictures, had no time, had to hurry + get in line @ dealer's. They may get to it on Tues. I'll try to get pics. of old + new parts to simulate before + after when they're done; but, I may have to sell my camera to help pay for this "wiper seal replacement".