Oil & Fuel TC30 - temp and fuel guage problems

/ TC30 - temp and fuel guage problems #11  
will a td80d tractor temperature gage work the same

/ TC30 - temp and fuel guage problems #12  
Cool,

Look around to see if you find a calibration screw to zero out the needle. On some gauges they have it but not on all. you can also tape and "E" on 1/8 to give you visual reminder.

JC,

I guess I'll resurrect this old thread... I FINALLY got some time to work on my tractor yesterday (~6 months past my original post). I only got to the fuel gauge. I think it must have had a pretty bad electrical surge at one point - the wire wrap resistance coil had the 1st row of wires completely burnt... I was able to bridge the gap with some solder to get that working again. That wasn't the only problem though.. the gauge itself was faulty too.. one of the wires had separated from the post that it was supposed to be connected to... i had to solder that to.

Net result - the gauge now works, but it only goes down to 1/8 tank... I'll just have to remember that + fill up at 1/4 tank... its still way better than not having a meter at all.

it was very dark when I finally got done putting everything back together so I didn't get a chance to test the temp sensor... I will hopefully get to that sometime soon + will report on it.

/ TC30 - temp and fuel guage problems #13  
Anything I have seen in automotive and engines in general worked off of "variable resistance" principal on temp. Averaging bulb or thermocouple are used in a more advance and different industries. Checking is easy, identify your temp sending unit, if one wire comes out of it then you have a resistive type.

will a td80d tractor temperature gage work the same

/ TC30 - temp and fuel guage problems #14  
I have a Case DX33 and I've found that the temp and fuel gauges are inaccurate at best. When full, the fuel gauge shows just over 1/2. When warmed up, the temp gauge is just past the middle of the blue. I've tested both sending units and they seem to be fine. At that point, I know where things are and where they should be and I'm ok with it. LOL