Ford post hole digger (905 I believe)
The digger turns just fine​

Why won't the 3 point hitch go up?

Here are some pics

View attachment 108241

View attachment 108242

View attachment 108243

View attachment 108244

Please refer to previous post that you made . There is much good reference in there. The link that I had in there gives any thing you want to know and then some. It may bore you but it is exactly the info you need. Post follow up questions and we'll try to answer.

No pump=no flow=no lift
pump good=flow and bad lift cyl seal= no lift
there are few iterations that can cause the same.

JC

/ 3 point hitch won't lift
Thanks...

I looked at this link earlier when we were dealing with the fluid loss. I'll spend much more time at the link tomorrow.

/ 3 point hitch won't lift #4  
   / 3 point hitch won't lift #5  
I have a 1710 tractor and any time the lift hasn't worked I replaced the fluid and filter and then it worked fine.
I have a repair manual and if you need some info from it post and ask and i'll try to research it for you. A chance for me to learn something too.

/ 3 point hitch won't lift #6  
randy41 said:
I have a 1710 tractor and any time the lift hasn't worked I replaced the fluid and filter and then it worked fine.

Agreed only if you have a working pump, and functioning control and safety valves. No amount of clean oil or clean filters can help a " not pumping pump" to work. Defective valving and improperly set safety controls can not operate normally just due to clean oil either.

JC,

Sounds like I really need to buy a manual (probably a no brainer) since I don't even know how to change the hyd fulid and filters.

Last I remember the tractor had routien service at about 200 hours but I'm not sure draining the hyd fluid and replacing the filters is included in this service. If not, then the fluid and filters have never been changed.

Some more info... the lift acted up as soon as I put the post hole digger on it. It lifted eradically in that it would be frozen then for no reason pop up into a raised position. When it was frozen I could feel the hitch trying to lift but just wouldn't do it. By putting the lever down I could feel the pressure to lift go away. Now I don't feel any of that action and it isn't 'poping' up into position anymore.

Is the pump the same one that operates the front end loader? That works fine.

I'll look closely at jetro's links today.

I've found 2 manuals out there, the Ford manual which is a blue 3-ring binder

4d88_1.jpg

And this generic manual.

motobooks_2010_67844631.gif
This repair manual covers Ford New Holland 1100, 1110, 1200, 1210, 1300, 1310, 1500, 1510, 1700, 1710, 1900, 1910, and 2110.

Has anyone used the generic manual and are you satisfied with it?

Thanks JC for the link... it tells a lot.

I still think I need a manual to find the location of all these parts.

/ 3 point hitch won't lift #9  
sevans said:
Sounds like I really need to buy a manual (probably a no brainer) since I don't even know how to change the hyd fulid and filters.

Las
I've found 2 manuals out there, the Ford manual which is a blue 3-ring binder

View attachment 108259

And this generic manual.

View attachment 108256
This repair manual covers Ford New Holland 1100, 1110, 1200, 1210, 1300, 1310, 1500, 1510, 1700, 1710, 1900, 1910, and 2110.

Has anyone used the generic manual and are you satisfied with it?

FO-44 is okay. It is not as good as shop manual but is adequate if you combine it with NH website parts section. You will benefit to have the entire manual but for the time being tell me which area you want to work at and I'll post PDF file associated with it so you can print it off.

JC,

I'm thinking that this tractor has never had the hyd fluid or filters changed unless you count the 4 gallons I had to put in over the last month!

I'd like to know how to change the hyd fluid and ALL associated filters.

I'd also like to pull the 'screen' out and clean it as indicated as the problem in your link.

Problem is... I don't know where all these filters/screens (or even that hdy fluid drain plug) are.

Thanks,