DX 33 Starting Problem Fixed

/ DX 33 Starting Problem Fixed #31  
Well, I'm no expert at drawing circuit diagrams, and PowerPoint doesn't seem to supply standard circuit diagram objects to insert, but I did what I could. The attached PDF file is three pages showing the original circuit, the completed alteration to the original circuit, and finally the new starting circuit. There are things missing from the diagram, such as the original fuse, but since you don't touch that part I left it out to keep the drawing simple. The circuit is more complicated than I have shown, but it does show you what you need to know to complete this fix. I tried to use the same wire colors as Jsheds describes where I could, but the white wire was hard to draw on white paper. Let me know if this needs any clarifications and I'll do what I can.

Thank you so much!!!!! I have been fighting with this clicking issue and it has been getting worse for the last several months!!!! I replaced the starter, battery terminals and cleaned up many grounds... I was just about to give up and call up my local New Holland dealer when I stumbled over this relay solution. I called my local NAPA store and gave them the relay and relay plug with wires part numbers noted above.. and as of 2016 the part numbers are still in use!!! I installed in about 20 minutes right at the starter with the wires provided on the plug that can be purchased with the relay. I then simply slid the relay up in the bottom of the black plastic beside the brake pedals on my 2003 TC 45 DA. its protected from the weather because there is a one inch think foam seal that you can feel inside the black plastic. This saved me a ton of time not having to take apart the tractor and bolt up the relay. I simply installed a new male end on the wire that you need to hook to the existing wire that you remove from the solenoid, then a female end to the wire that you send back to the solenoid which plugs back onto the solenoid.. then 2 5/16" round wire ends.. 1 for the starter wire and 1 for the ground which I grounded at the starter bolt with the other grounds by the brake pedal. This works perfectly!!!! best 50-60 dollars I have spent in a while!!! Everyone with this issue should try this right now!!!!

thanks

/ DX 33 Starting Problem Fixed #32  
I am having this issue with my DX33. I cannot see any of the pictures y'all have attached. I am using iPhone 6s Plus. We do not have access to high speed internet where we live. I have tried opening with chrome, Safari and opera mini. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

/ DX 33 Starting Problem Fixed #33  
I am having this issue with my DX33. I cannot see any of the pictures y'all have attached. I am using iPhone 6s Plus. We do not have access to high speed internet where we live. I have tried opening with chrome, Safari and opera mini. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

You should also search for the same issue with the new Holland tc25, 29, and 33 tractors, which are the same machine painted blue. Also, I'll send you a PM about a service manual.

/ DX 33 Starting Problem Fixed #34  
I just fixed mine so lets see if I can talk you through it. You need a 4 blade (or spade) 12 volt relay. Two blades control the solenoid circuit and two blades are the switch circuit, normally open. I put everything near and above the starter. Unhook the ground or positive cable from the battery. Unfasten the red wires from the top of the starter. There is a plastic shroud under those wires which will come off and behind it is a purple wire on a spade which energizes the starter solenoid. The purple wire will go on one side of the new solenoid circuit and the other side will be a new 14 ga wire to a GOOD ground. One side of the switched circuit will be a 14 ga wire from the terminal where the red cables attach to the starter with a 10 amp inline fuse and the other side will run to where the purple wire came from on the starter. Put it back together in reverse order and attach the battery cables and that's it. I kind of cable tied the solenoid above the starter.

/ DX 33 Starting Problem Fixed #35  
I've uploaded another copy of the wiring diagram, this copy has some notes with it, hope you are able to view it.

Attachments

• TC33DStartingCircuitWithNotes.pdf
    49.8 KB · Views: 328
   / DX 33 Starting Problem Fixed #36  
Hi, new guy here I have a DX 33 with the same intermittent starting issue I have the bulletin from my dealer and the parts but no pictures and for some reason I can't access the attached images what am I doing wrong?
Thank you Troy

/ DX 33 Starting Problem Fixed #37  
Troy, I had the same problem. I finally solved it by loading it on my laptop computer. All images were visible there. I was previously trying to load on apple devices, iphone and iPad, neither or which worked. I had to purchase a wifi hotspot. Best deal in my area was they straight talk. Purchased device at Walmart for about 50.00 and got 5 gigs of data for 60 days for 45.00 or 50.00.
Also, I did the fix, but was still having an issue with starting when hot, I then purchased a new battery, and she has been running great since then. Even though my battery was testing good at auto parts house, I went ahead and purchased a new battery and that solved the remaining issue.

/ DX 33 Starting Problem Fixed #38  
WOW very quick reply Thank you rickyc31 I was using an iPad, switched to laptop and there they are. Great images thank you guy