Tractor
    Ford 4610, Ford 3910 and YM1601D

Default Flow Control Valve Problems

The flow control valve knob for the hydraulic controls on my Ford 3910 II will not turn. Is there a lock screw or something that I need to turn first?? It is set to the maximum correction rate. Everything works as it should, 3 pt hitch and FEL goes up and down. Should I not worry about this?? Or do I need to do some work on the hydraulics.

Tractor
    Ford 3910, JD 420C, Kubota G32XKS

Default Re: Flow Control Valve Problems

If you're talking about the plastic quarter-round knob, it's the adjustment for depth correction rate or speed. I talked to the local dealer and he says it's a common problem. He says to keep spraying the shaft with Liquid Wrench or similar to free it up. Mine is stuck in fast mode which is ok. Unless you plow in many different soils, it doesn't get moved often so I wouldn't worry about it.

I've been spraying mine about every other day for the last two weeks but it's still stuck.