Glow Plug Light on while running

/ Glow Plug Light on while running #1  

KenVT

Bronze Member
Tractor
DX40 Case
Howdy,
Any one had this happen....?
Glow plug light gos off and on while running..... Now it seems to stay on all the time, but sometimes won't come on when needed, like cold weather starting....

Thanks for any help!

Ken

/ Glow Plug Light on while running #2  
Replace the glowplug lamp timer relay immediately. Depending on your tractor model, when the indicator is lit, the plugs are energized. This will drastically shorten glowplug life.

/ Glow Plug Light on while running
Thanks alot for the link and advice!

Will do!

Ken

/ Glow Plug Light on while running #5  
Just fixed an issue with my glow plug lamp timer relay. My was working intermittantly. The relay is just behind the right rear cover that holds the key switch. Remove 2 bolts (13mm) in the front of the cover by the engine compartment and 2 bolts by the midline of the operators platform. Remove the cover and you will see it labels glow plug lamp timer. Held on by a small nut and lock washer. Next, getting the connector off was the most difficult part. Push the white connector tab down firmly and then pull apart the connection. The part is an NG relay with model and serial number. You might be able to get it at a parts store if you don't have a dealer nearby.
I just had to clean the connections. Mine wouldn't work when cold but worked when the motor was warmed.