Brother in Laws TC 30 ready to crack in half.

/ Brother in Laws TC 30 ready to crack in half. #12  
Double ugly !

From the pics....... the tractor sure does not look abused.

/ Brother in Laws TC 30 ready to crack in half. #13  
Thanks for posting those pictures. That shows just how a block can fail. Just as important is for you to tell us how this all turns out with the dealer/NH. I hope they do a good job of repairing your BIL's tractor. It sounds like they are going to take care of him.:)

/ Brother in Laws TC 30 ready to crack in half. #14  
Double ugly !

From the pics....... the tractor sure does not look abused.

No it looks like somebody mis-torqued the bolts.

BTW, at my dealer who is a fairly large New Holland / Kubota dealer in wandering around the service area, and talking to the General Manager and Service Manager, it is the lighter weight Kubotas that break far more often than the New Hollands.

I think that many of these tractors of all colors that break, it is an incorrect or incorrect mounted loader/backhoe that causes the problem.

Incorrect bracing/reinforcement done by an amateur can also cause more problems than it solves.

Andy

/ Brother in Laws TC 30 ready to crack in half.
No it looks like somebody mis-torqued the bolts.

BTW, at my dealer who is a fairly large New Holland / Kubota dealer in wandering around the service area, and talking to the General Manager and Service Manager, it is the lighter weight Kubotas that break far more often than the New Hollands.

I think that many of these tractors of all colors that break, it is an incorrect or incorrect mounted loader/backhoe that causes the problem.

Incorrect bracing/reinforcement done by an amateur can also cause more problems than it solves.

Andy
I am not trying to say anything bad about New Hollannds!!!!!! I was merely trying to get some experienced feed back about this so that I could pass it on to the BIL. He said that he did periodicly check the tightness of fasteners including the loader mount bolts. I trust his mechanical ability and experienced feel for tightening bolts 100%. He is a successful drag racer/muscle car collector that has done a few frame off resto`s himself, as well as building all his own engines which normaly go over a few hundred passes in the low 10`s in the 1/4 without getting freshened. I beleive his mechanical skill and judgement is sound. For the record, I own a Farmtrac 270, which is a great tractor that as it turned out, came from a lousy company. I do however feel that Kubota, New Holland, and John Deer make excelent machines, and I would be proud to say that I owned any of them.

/ Brother in Laws TC 30 ready to crack in half. #16  
I'm quite sure that a TC30 always comes in a crate and is assembled at the dealership. The loaders come in standing up on pallets, and are installed at the dealership.

Just a little info.

/ Brother in Laws TC 30 ready to crack in half. #17  
I have a different brand of machine. I notice my machine and other machines that have a modular loader frame[ loader can be easily removed by pins,frame stay on tractor] the loader frame has a plated or subframe that goes from front axle to middle of machine. In my case it ties in with the subframe of the backhoe. The loader plates look like plates used by plow trucks to attach their mounts to frame. Hope you get it fixed and maybe reinforced to take weight off bell housing mounts. I also noticed on New Holland website there are two classes of compact tractors ,the boomer and the economy series. The boomer could be built more rugged? plowking

/ Brother in Laws TC 30 ready to crack in half.
I'm quite sure that a TC30 always comes in a crate and is assembled at the dealership. The loaders come in standing up on pallets, and are installed at the dealership.

Just a little info.
Yes, I beleive you are absolutely right. Dealer installed factory loader is what I meant to say. Thats what I get for not proof reading my post.

/ Brother in Laws TC 30 ready to crack in half. #19  
I bought my tractor with 50 hrs on it, and I did the 50 hr service right away. I found one of my fel mounting bolts missing, and the rest were all loose with one about to fall out.

/ Brother in Laws TC 30 ready to crack in half. #20  
I am not trying to say anything bad about New Hollannds!!!!!! I was merely trying to get some experienced feed back about this so that I could pass it on to the BIL. He said that he did periodicly check the tightness of fasteners including the loader mount bolts. I trust his mechanical ability and experienced feel for tightening bolts 100%. He is a successful drag racer/muscle car collector that has done a few frame off resto`s himself, as well as building all his own engines which normaly go over a few hundred passes in the low 10`s in the 1/4 without getting freshened. I beleive his mechanical skill and judgement is sound. For the record, I own a Farmtrac 270, which is a great tractor that as it turned out, came from a lousy company. I do however feel that Kubota, New Holland, and John Deer make excelent machines, and I would be proud to say that I owned any of them.

Just because your BIL "always" torques bolts to spec (with lubrication on the threads) doesn't mean that the dealer who initially assembled the tractor did. Not trying to start an argument, just pointing out what might have happened. BTW, I have over 35 years experience as a design engineer and have spent considerable time doing failure analysis on failed equipment. You would be surprised how many times a failure has been caused by what we call like to call "cockpit error" and/or users making modifications to equipment that "screwed" up the initial engineered product and in fact made it prone to other failure modes.

Just my experiences.

PS I break plenty of my own stuff.

Andy