Ford glow plugs

/ Ford glow plugs #1  

paulyny

Bronze Member
With the help of this board im attempting to get an old ford 1900 up and running. My stupid question is "I ordered glow plugs for my Ford 1900 online and received plugs that are approx 1 inch longer than those that i pulled out. Can i safely try them or do i need to buy another set. They are the same 10.5v. Any advice please.

/ Ford glow plugs
The threads, body and glow end are each a bit longer adding up to approx 1 inch longer overall. Thanks

/ Ford glow plugs #4  
With the help of this board im attempting to get an old ford 1900 up and running. My stupid question is "I ordered glow plugs for my Ford 1900 online and received plugs that are approx 1 inch longer than those that i pulled out. Can i safely try them or do i need to buy another set. They are the same 10.5v. Any advice please.
\\

Does it look like below? which end is 1" longer?

JC,

dsc06082jd0.jpg

Below is the removed head on 1700. The glow plug will not have interference with the oncoming piston if you can tighten it in. 1900 and 1700 both are the same design with 1900 with a bit more displacement.

1035400al1.jpg

/ Ford glow plugs #5  
Double check with company you got them from and make sure they are compatable for your tractor.

/ Ford glow plugs
Okay heres my first attempt at uploading a photo. Thanks. The heating element is approx 1/4 inch longer. the threads approx 1/3 inch and the tapered section the rest.

Attachments

• DSCN0647.jpg
    DSCN0647.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 276
   / Ford glow plugs #7  
Okay heres my first attempt at uploading a photo. Thanks. The heating element is approx 1/4 inch longer. the threads approx 1/3 inch and the tapered section the rest.

Just quickly eye balling the new plug and it appears the thread size on the new glow plug is smaller than the old. Can you even screw it in in the glow plug hole? Are you able to screw it in the hole all the way before it starts tightening. I'd make a quick gauge out of some wood dowel, pencil or even plastic straw to see how far you can push the glow plug before it start bumping in to the inside wall of the head. I probably will use it if I have enough clearance and right thread pitch and size. Saying that the longer element may change the air fuel mixture stream pattern, does it matter much??... I don't know:eek:

JC,

/ Ford glow plugs #8  
If it was me and after looking at the posted picture; I would not use them unless someone told me that they will not cause any problems.

/ Ford glow plugs
Thanks for all of the replys. Threads are good but bottoms out. I cant take the chance. Thats what i get for aftermarket parts dealer online. Im eating the shipping both ways. Thanks.