Backhoe Hydraulic hose problem with 930 Backhoe

/ Hydraulic hose problem with 930 Backhoe #1  

DCJL

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC34DA
Anyone else having problems with the right side hoses on the stabilizer bar getting hung and crimping when lowering the stabilizer. I already have replaced both hoses, pulled the cloth back, zip tied the cloth, added a cut piece of plastic pipe so the hose would ride smoother all to no avail. It looks like a really dumb way of routing the hydraulic hoses as they crimp when the stabilizers go up to vertical. At minimum the hole where they exit should be at least 1/2 lower to give the hoses more room. Any solutions or others with problems?

/ Hydraulic hose problem with 930 Backhoe #2  
I have a different b'hoe but had a stabilizer hose blow in perhaps a similar way. To improve the installation I had a slightly longer hose made and installed it with a greater radius to aleviate the tendancy to crimp. Secured it to the cylinder with a hose clamp and it is good to go now with no crimping or interference.

/ Hydraulic hose problem with 930 Backhoe
Thanks, but that is not going to work here. The routing of the hose is straight out the back of the cylinder. When the cylinder is collapsed the hose makes a very hard 90º turn through a hole. The problem is the hole is too high so the hose needs to make a very tight turn. If it was a bit lower then the turn would not be so sharp and the hose could move through it. I put a piece of plastic pipe over the metal lip to try to get it slipperier. It worked that day but the next after sitting bent 90º overnight it started hanging again. I need to go in with my hand and lower the cylinder, stop, lift the hose, lower the cylinder a bit again, stop, lift the hose and finally I can move the cylinder all the way down. The plastic pipe I put in helps as it is easier to slide the hose, but it does not fix the problem. I've tried no quick ties, and quick ties all over the place plus every place between. There is no place to hook a bungee to lift the hose nor anyway I can see to support placing something under the hose to keep it up.

/ Hydraulic hose problem with 930 Backhoe #4  
DCJL,

Isn't this a brand new installation by the Dealer?
I wouldn't try customizing hose route --you may void your warranty.
Get your money back for the hoses while your at it.

Let the Dealer fix this--it's a quick and easy fix for them.

/ Hydraulic hose problem with 930 Backhoe
Johnnylight,

Thanks.

I called the dealer and they are looking at one on premise and will call NH. They want me to send them copies of the hose bills.