New Guy

/ New Guy #1  

sld

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1210 / Ford 1710
I just wanted to say hi after joining. I have been reading for awhile and thought I would join to tap into your knowledge when the time comes.

I am maintaining 5 acres for my mom since my dad passed last year. I was paying a guy to mow but he wasn't dependable. Also, mowing is just a small part of maintenance.

My dad and I bought a 1986 Ford 1210 4wd in 1989 to help landscape the 5 acres. There are now many trees and a 1 acre pond and the tractor has 400 hours on it. Mainly I am bush hogging and grading / leveling. The tractor has been great and has done everything asked without trouble. I know it is not the biggest one out there, but when used right, is a great machine.

Also, I bought a Toro 50 inch ZTR to help with the mowing but when it rains alot, I will use the bush hog.

Looking forward to talking to you later.

Steve

/ New Guy #2  
Welcome Sid.

I'm in the same boat, Dad passed last Dec, filling Moms wood shed at the moment.
And I can see the field is ready for another mow.

/ New Guy #3  
Welcome to Tractorbynet, Steve. The rest of us were all "new guys" at one time, and if you've been reading much on here, you know some have very small tractors, some have very large tractors, and others have everything in between.:D

/ New Guy #4  
Welcome Sid, I know what you mean. Between the driveway maintenance and filling the cellar with wood. And all the other odd jobs, It is incredible we can keep up at all. Well welcome :p..

/ New Guy #5  
sld,

Hi, and welcome.

Glad you've been happy with your 1210. Yes, this series of tractors from Ford were great machines.

I have a 1510 we purchased new in 1985. Like yours it's always done anything reasonable asked of it. Mine has been reliable and an extremely good investment.

Take care,
dan :)

/ New Guy #6  
You guys calling Steve "Sid" made an old man have to get a magnifying glass to see if it was "Sid" or "sld" (lower case of SLD).:D:D

/ New Guy
Steve, Sid, sld, it don't matter. Thanks for the welcome.

I used the tractor tonight to pull a utility trailer getting all the firewood in the same spot. It doesn't look like I will need to buy any this year!