new holland tc33

/ new holland tc33 #1  

karennel

Hooking up snow blower. Main 40 amp fuse blows. Now when I try to put a new fuse in, as soon as it makes contact the fuse blows. Can anyone help me?

/ new holland tc33 #2  
You apparently have a dead short somewhere. Check everything you touched during the hookup process. Check the battery area, cables, etc. Somewhere in amongst everything there is a place where a wire is touching something it shouldn't. You may find evidence of sparking. It could be anywhere the wires are, so look everywhere you worked on anything, pulled something out of the way, etc. If you pulled or pushed anything, check all along whatever it was that you moved. Look for bare wires, cracked wires, loose connectors, and so on. Good luck.

/ new holland tc33
Thanks for the reply - we are looking for any wiring, etc. I'll let you know what we find. Thanks again.

/ new holland tc33 #4  
I would remove the cables from the battery and put an ohmeter between them. The meter should show zero ohms when the fuse is replaced. Proceed to disconnect until the meter quits showing a dead short.

BTW: What part of the snow blower is electrical? Does it have an electric chute rotator? If it has no electrical parts, then somewhere there is a pinched wire. Is this a front or rear blower?

/ new holland tc33
The snow blower is a rear hook up to pto. No electric parts. Maybe this will help. When he hooked up the snow blower, he started it up without running up the rpms. There was a piece of ice in the snowblower and the blades couldn't turn. Thats when the fuse blew. He thinks its the selenoid, but cant get that off. Really tight quarters to get to the screws.
Sorry - woman trying to explain the problem as I see it - hope you have some patience!

/ new holland tc33 #6  
If it is the 40 amp main fuse, it is not likely one of the subsystems because it would have blown those first, which leads to the starter motor or starter solenoid(in my opinion).

It sounds to me like you have something metal bit into the battery cable when the blower had excess torque on it.

Chris

/ new holland tc33 #7  
As Chris mentioned, it really does seem to be associated with the starter and starter solenoid rather than a subsystem that would blow the much smaller fuse associated with it. I think your snow blower is only incidental to the problem. I can't see how the snow blower bogging the engine down would cause such a failure. If your husband is checking the starter and solenoid, I think he is on the right track.