Tires 600 x 16 front tires

/ 600 x 16 front tires #1  

Hooked_on_HP

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E
I need to replace the front tires on my 1900. They are 600x16 firestone R1's. Firestone discontinued this tire and I havent found anyone else who makes this size. My local FS dealer found another brand 600x16 but when we got them they were 2in narrower. The actual tread width on mine measures 7in wide. Does anyone have any ideas. When buying tractor tires if you go wider does that also increase height. It does on cars.
Bill

/ 600 x 16 front tires #3  
I had to replace a front tire on my 1710 and I just went to a local tire guy and he had it by the next day. Was it an exact match? no. Does it make a difference? I doubt it. It was no where near $300+. More like $125 or so. Maybe even less.

/ 600 x 16 front tires #4  
I bought a couple R4 titans that were listed at $900 apiece on the titan site, I told my local guy what I wanted including the titan part number and got them both for less than $900 including mounting. It's a good place for research..but ..seems like a good idea to buy local.:D

/ 600 x 16 front tires #5  
Does anyone have any ideas. When buying tractor tires if you go wider does that also increase height. It does on cars.
Bill

If you can measure the rolling circumference on the original tires that will help you pick the right replacement..most farm tire manufacturers have their rolling circumference listed.

/ 600 x 16 front tires
The diameter makes a lot of difference, it is 4x4. Within an inch wouldn't bother me but after just replacing the front gears I want everything to be right. On the Titan link, those require a 8in rim and mine are 6in.
Bill

/ 600 x 16 front tires #7